It was one weird baseball game.

DTop

Last night I made the 2 1/2 hour drive to see the World Champion Boston Red Sox play the worst team in professional baseball, the Tampa Bay Devil Rays. Well it was one of the most interesting games I have been to in any number of years. The place was infested with the usual amount of obnoxious fans.
At one point, the Sox pitcher got hit in the face with a ball hit right back to the mound. The whole place fell silent as he lay on the pitcher's mound and was eventually taken out on a gurney.
The score was close throughout the entire gam and eventually went into extra innings with the Red Sox winning.
There just happened to be the most obnoxious of all the fans siting behind me. Through the first few innings she (a well worn 20 something)was swearing like a drunken private on his first weekend pass.
It got so bad that I turned around and said "Hey what did they do, just let you out of the convent for the game?". She laughed so hard, I thought she was going to pee her pants.
Needless to say, as the beer kept coming she kept getting more and more obnoxious. Finally she got to the point that she lifted her shirt so that the guy nearby could take her picture. She did that at least three times. I couldn't really tell for sure because I was only judging by the number of times the guy turned toward her with the camera. I of course, did not look at her (I was with my wife) :lol: :lol:
Anyway all in all it was a very strange game.

lemme guess....either you aren't a baseball fan are are just following what other ppl say.....or you are a red sox fan.....or you're for some other team and dont' follow statistics? :lol:

Kina said:
lemme guess....either you aren't a baseball fan are are just following what other ppl say.....or you are a red sox fan.....or you're for some other team and dont' follow statistics? :lol:
DTop knows where I'm from and what baseball team I root for...........The 2004 World champions, the Boston Red Sox
:eek: Did you really have to ask? 8)

but you have to admit, if we combined the red sox bullpen and the yankees line up, we'd have one kick :cen: team

Back