Which one?

istealfreefood

I am about to buy a new semi-auto pistol and was wondering what y'all have to say about the ones I am thinking about. I want a .45 with a 5 inch barrel. Cost is an issue here too, so I cant something too expensive. Right now my list is

Auto Ordnance 1911
H&K USP
Springfield XD45
Springfield 1911

I would love to have a 1911, but they are so expensive. If anyone has good information about these or others that I should add to my list, please let me know.

Thanks all

al I can say is: When someone asks for help with a semi auto and you say Raging Bull, you haven't helped them.

If you are thinking polymer framed weapon (USP) but are concerned about cost of a 1911, then forget about the USP. The XD is a ceap and effective weapon, and it's by far the most economical one on your list.

Thanks for the help all. Looks like I will be buying a milspec 1911. It is going to cost me less than $500 from the place I am buying it because I am in the military. Great deal!

He said in his first post that cost was a factor, which rules out the USP. I have no idea why H&K thinks they can charge so much for a half polymer pistol when Glocks are so much cheaper and just as great.

Take a look at the FNP-45 if you haven't already bought the 1911. It's what I'd get if I were to buy a full-size .45 ACP right now.

I have several very reliable 1911's however not nearly as many as I have purchased. Some are destined to always work right out of the box, some need a little work, and some can never be counted on. The make has some bearing but not necessarly so. I am addicted to 1911's but I have had to discard several (they do trade in well).

Back