Which one?!!!

mgm12!

Ok so I want join either the marines or the coast guard i know they are very different but i dont know i love the marines but i think i wont make it that its to hard and i dont want to go to war but still i love them so much
and the coast guard i would love to save peoples and help out but im so confused PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!! :drill::salute:

Well it's a question to only which you know the answer to.
So how old are you?
USMC's maximum enlistment age is 28 and the Coast Guard is 27. That might be something you want to take into consideration because that might be what can determine whether or not you'll only have one shot or not.
If you are 18, you could do a 4 year enlistment with the Coast Guard and if you don't like it, join the Marines afterwards. Or vice versa.

If I were you, I wouldn't worry about boot camp. It's just a couple months and none of them are "hard" in the sense that I think you mean. Yes, they will push you to your limits in Marine Corps boot camp but they're there to make you into a Marine, not to make you fail. So while things will be "hard" while you're in boot camp, it's only temporary and it will just make you a better person. The most important thing to think about is your life after boot camp. If you don't want to go to war, you might not want to join the Marines. Not all Marines will see combat, but many (most?) of them will. On the other hand, the USCG does have a fairly high probability of seeing violent conflict in certain jobs and locations. In certain areas, you'll be spending a lot of time attempting to stop drug cartels.

My point is, just think about what you want to do AFTER boot camp. Boot camp is such a small part of your military career that worrying about its difficulty is just not worth it. Think of what you want to do, do your research, and go for it!

You'd be surprised how much the Puddle Pirates go in harms way, not just doing the Narc interdiction thing. Coasties have sent cutters to the Gulf to do vessel boarding and inspection also.

See I thought that you had to be at least 6 feet tall to join the Coast Guard......................................................................................

So you'd be able to wade back to shore if your vessel sank.

what is exactly is TACLETS? i mean its not a direct job in the coast guard like boatswain mate or aviation survival technician but what is it? and what other jobs like that exist in the coast guard? jobs that aren't like the specific ones that you choose from

what is exactly is TACLETS? i mean its not a direct job in the coast guard like boatswain mate or aviation survival technician but what is it? and what other jobs like that exist in the coast guard? jobs that aren't like the specific ones that you choose from

Tactical Law Enforcement Team = TACLET

Back