One Rule for Iran another for Israel

perseus

Perhaps if Israel would conform to inspections, Iran would be prepared to as well?

“Israel has rejected the call by the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) to join the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT) and open up its atomic sites to international inspection.” (Mark Weiss, ‘Israel spurns nuclear watchdog's call to open atomic sites to inspection,’ Irish Times, September 19, 2009; http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/world/2009/0919/1224254860406.html)

The IAEA, which met in Vienna on September 18, adopted a resolution expressing concern about “Israeli nuclear capabilities” and called on agency chief Mohamed ElBaradei to work on the issue. The motion was adopted by 49 votes to 45, with 16 abstentions. Russia and China, both permanent members of the UN security council, voted in favour. The United States and the European Union initially tried to block the vote, and then voted against it. David Danieli, deputy director of Israel’s atomic energy commission, said: “Israel will not co-operate in any matter with this resolution.” (http://english.aljazeera.net/news/middleeast/2009/09/2009918173136830771.html)

Despite this defiance, despite Israel's appalling record of violating international law, despite its record of waging and threatening war in the region, and despite possessing as many as 400 nuclear warheads, no Western journalist suggested that Israel should be bombed or blockaded as a result. Indeed, apart from the tiny left-wing Morning Star newspaper and a couple of wire agencies, it appears the Irish Times was the only English-language media outlet to cover this story.
http://www.medialens.org/

No wonder they feel immune from bombing, they have nuclear missiles!

Last edited:
Sanctions and inspections of Israel aren't what the problem is.

The problem is Imadinnerjacket (thanks monty) and others of his ilk and twisted mentality want Israel gone.

Thats it. Thats what it's about. Israel is an affront to islam or allah or mohamed or Yasar the freakin goat herder yadda ,yadda.

The very exsistance of the State of Israel is what as all these half ass Mahdi wannabes with their panties in a wad.

So until your ready to throw Israel away your always gonna have problems.

Had to fall about laughing at this comment on American thinker, referring to a country whose very existence is owed to religious fanaticism and is the only one in the region with nuclear weapons

The people of the Middle East and much of Asia, except for the Israelis, are religious lunatics bent on bringing on Armaggedon.

Last edited:
Had to fall about laughing at this comment on American thinker, referring to a country whose very existence is owed to religious fanaticism and is the only one in the region with nuclear weapons

You say this just Because we burned a few witches at the stake? Where's your sense of sport?

We make Middle East religious fanatics look pretty good. And anyone who doesnt think Christians here couldn't use violence to push their warped religious beliefs need to remember two names: Jim Jones and David Koresh.

You say this just Because we burned a few witches at the stake? Where's your sense of sport?

We make Middle East religious fanatics look pretty good. And anyone who doesnt think Christians here couldn't use violence to push their warped religious beliefs need to remember two names: Jim Jones and David Koresh.
I thought he was talking about Israel,.... ?

Yes, now I think Iran has a suitable reason for wanting to build Nukes.

You know oddly enough I agree, I am not for an instant saying the Iranian leadership arent the biggest bunch of whack jobs known to man but to be fair almost all of their neighbours have then in India, Pakistan China and Russia, the one country they seem to love to hate has them in Israel and up until the change of government in the USA they had Bush "not ruling out military action" with 250k troops parked in Iraq.

If it was me I would be building them myself by this stage and yes it is hypocritical for us to be threatening them for building something while turning a blind eye to another nation that has been even more covert about its nuclear program.

Last edited:
You know oddly enough I agree, I am not for an instant saying the Iranian leadership arent the biggest bunch of whack jobs known to man but to be fair almost all of their neighbours have then in India, Pakistan China and Russia, the one country they seem to love to hate has them in Israel and up until the change of government in the USA they had Bush "not ruling out military action" with 250k troops parked in Iraq.

If it was me I would be building them myself by this stage and yes it is hypocritical for us to be threatening them for building something while turning a blind eye to another nation that has been even more covert about its nuclear program.

i would have to agree. double standards aren't justified- isn't your or my assessment of a particular nations current leadership, however obvious it may seem to us, still subjective, seen through our own coloured lenses? if israel has nukes because it feels threatened, sadly, iran can use that very same argument.
especially, as i come from a nuclear state, i have no right to hypocrisy.

Back