One Lucky Jarhead

03USMC

Talk about catching lightening in a bottle.

Sgt. survives sniper round to the head

By Brian Shane - Staff writer
Posted : Tuesday Apr 5, 2011 5:08:53 EDT

Manning the top of a compound south of Sangin, Afghanistan, Sgt. Paul Boothroyd III took a sniper round to the head. He landed face down onto the muddy roof with a thud.
Fifteen minutes later, Boothroyd was bandaged, smiling, smoking a cigarette and giving the “thumbs up” as he waited for the medevac helicopter, to which he walked under his own power.
It’s a “you-gotta-be-kidding-me” story that earned Boothroyd, a signals intelligence operator with 2nd Radio Battalion, a new call sign from his team members: Headshot.

Rest of the Story here.http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/news/2011/04/marine-headshot-sniper-survive-040511w/

Wow!

I don´t care if a God exists watching over the world but someone somewhere were definatly watching over this Sgt..
Hope he has a swift recovery.

KJ ..

That's one lucky b*stard... :)

The bullet pierced his helmet. The Kevlar caught and turned the round, he said, “so instead of going in and thrashing my skull,” it entered through theneck and lodged itself above and behind his right ear.
Boothroyd, 22, said his survival came down to the single-digit millimeters separating the 7.62x54mm Dragunov sniper round from his spinal column and its main arteries.

Lucky SOB!

The first thing I would do when I got home was to visit the manufacturer of the helmet and give hem a big hug.

Back