One Explanation For Leftsts

Sure, and maybe nobody will use rthe health care system too. Face it, cash for clunkers is going to cost us a lot more than Obama said it would and so will the health care system he plans to foist on the American people.

Yes $3 Billion. Which is Peanuts. With the estimated $3 Trillion wasted on Iraq and other totally pointless things, $3 Billion is a bargin, and it gives the US auto industry a much needed boost. A Far better investment.

I think you really ought to give things a chance before condemning it. Obama's healthare plan is not the best plan Ive ever heard, and falls far short of what we really need, but it a hell of a lot better that what we got now.

I don't have to give it a chance to fail before stating my feelings about the looming financial burden that appears like a tidal wave on the horizon.I suspect I'm not alone.

I don't have to give it a chance to fail before stating my feelings about the looming financial burden that appears like a tidal wave on the horizon.I suspect I'm not alone.

But you dont know if its going to fail, nobody does, not even Obama.

US Healthcare is rated 36th in the World by the WHO just above Cuba. 36th place is pretty embarrassing for the most powerful country in the world. The current system isnt working.

The Conservatives had 8 years to do something, they did nothing. On fact they didnt even discuss the issue EXCEPT during the 2004 election, after the election is was completely ignored. The way I see it since they have offered no solutions of their own, they have no right to complain. And incidently, do you know why the GOP refuses a government backed program like those that actually work in Europe. Its because the healthcare industry (HMO) is one of their largest doners.

Last edited:
The WHO list isn't a very good one (South Korea is listed far too low and Thailand is listed way too high) but it's true that health care in the US could be a LOT better.

President Obama might be a radical leftist at heart but he's not acting that way as President. My impression with him is that he's more middle of the road. He very well could have been radical left wing in his youth but his behavior and decision making currently doesn't reflect that of a radical left leader.
It's a huge wakeup call for the GOP I feel. Sometimes you just have to ask yourself... maybe you're doing it wrong.
So it's not so much that the Democrats have themselves a great leader (it's far too early to tell how his Presidency will unfold... he could be one hell of a country repairman or could end up as a leader who had a lot of dreams, meant well, but ultimately couldn't deliver) but that the GOP just screwed up big time.
The occasional uber conservative Republican politician who gets caught doing something he condemns day and night doesn't help either.
Agree. Obama is not playing the "Bizarro World Bush", if you will, but more of a center role, taking advice from both sides. One thing that IS rather refreshing that I've found is that Obama actually listens to what the other side has to say, and he doesn't just dismiss them as "haters" or "against us" like it has become so familiar to see.
Sure, and maybe nobody will use the health care system too. Face it, cash for clunkers is going to cost us a lot more than Obama said it would and so will the health care system he plans to foist on the American people.
Cash for Clunkers is saving the Automotive Industry's fragile arse right now. And yes, the healthcare system will bring a wave of poverty upon us, just like it has upon every other country on earth with a nationalized system, where the people have no money to pay the penniless government; it's why our current system is vastly superior.

Honestly, the money has to go somewhere; it's not just going to vanish.
The WHO list isn't a very good one (South Korea is listed far too low and Thailand is listed way too high) but it's true that health care in the US could be a LOT better.
I dunno about South Korea, but the Thai system is excellent; I have relatives living abroad who actually went there to have a child instead of going to the US because it was equal/superior care for less money.

I dunno about South Korea, but the Thai system is excellent; I have relatives living abroad who actually went there to have a child instead of going to the US because it was equal/superior care for less money.

I pick the hospitals here over the ones in the US any day. There are actually a lot of women who go to the US to have children, but that is soley to make their kids US citizens, not because of the facilities.
In terms of health care, it's better here and cheaper.
Overall, aside from Singapore, I'm not really impressed with anything in Southeast Asia. I've spent most of my teenage life there and... ugh.

Back