One aircraft that's never been lost in air combat*

Lunatik

f15_ocean_2.jpg

The F-15 Eagle!

*Or so I heard. :) Is that true?

Thanks, and F-15 has participated in many, many operations too, that is very impressive. :avi:

I've seen F-15 Demonstrations before, and they are unbelieveable. There is nothing that can touch them.

Or so I thought until I saw an F-22 Demonstration :)

I've seen F-15 Demonstrations before, and they are unbelieveable. There is nothing that can touch them.

Or so I thought until I saw an F-22 Demonstration :)
Yes, the F-22 is super maneuverable and it's just a joy to look at. There won't be a better looking and more capable fighter in the foreseeable future.

It's an oldy and almost obsolete but there's one other aircraft that I just can't get enough of... The Phantom. :)

800px-Phantom.68-0342.arp.jpg

F-4_Phantom_II_in_flying.jpg

9781857802627.jpg

It's an oldy and almost obsolete but there's one other aircraft that I just can't get enough of... The Phantom. :)

800px-Phantom.68-0342.arp.jpg
For me it is, "The sexiest lookin' jet aircraft ever to grace the skies". With the P51 series for piston engined aircraft.

A real thoroughbred.

Even better to watch it blow up one of the ugliest aircraft ever built.
SoCalMig21.jpg

(Personally, I like the F-104 and the F-106 better than the F-4, but it's pretty high on the list)

800px-Rockwell_OV-10_Bronco.jpg
Loved this airplane. can't believe they phased it out of service at a time like this.

Just throw a pair of sidewinders on this baby ;)

Very sexy indeed. But sorry comrade, propellers just aren't cool enough ever since someone decided to compress air and then burn and create more thrust... They call'em jets. :)

dayintech_0718_wide.jpg

Well as much as I like the ME-262 I think I will pick this as my winner...

a10_2.jpg

It was a close one as I very nearly went for the F-14 and the MIG-25.

Yeah 13th bro, but nowadays you want to get in and out fast with minimal loitering so that you won't get shot by SAM. Otherwise it'd be one epic trip! :)

I like MontyB's pick too, even though that one requires a lot of enemy armor spread around in a big open space to make the cost of the flight worth it...

True, but you'd get plenty of loiter time, and at 300 feet there aren't many SAMs that can get a decent lock in order to take you out.

You oldies just never learn. One day soldiers will be beamed into a battle zone, get the job done and beamed back. Wars will last 5 minutes.

No loitering. :D

Bags not being the guy in the orange shirt.
I think it safe to say we are a few decades away from "beaming" people around the place.

From a CAS airplane what I want is...
1) A plane that can see what's on the ground. Fast mover's aren't very good at that.
2) Loiter time.
3) Sufficient and appropriate ordinance. Chances are the enemy and our guys will be real close together. Don't think a 1000lb bomb will be the ideal choice. A well placed unguided rocket will do just fine.

I thought we were talking about our favourite aircraft and not one for a specific role?

Back