Omg!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Navy Boy

I LOVE THE ARMY!!!!!!
I still didn't get any medals at the bankwit and this is like my 2nd year in NJROTC and still no medals WTF!? I work I polish shoes for other cadets.
And cadets that screw around get medals WTF!? Now I can understand that the senors get a medal for serving 4 years in the program,but the cadets that screw around!?

I'm confused... How are you a member of the NJROTC program, and yet you have the picture of a middle-aged Vice Admiral in your signature...

Impersonation much?

Sorry to hear that, Navy boy. Well, I got a medal for Outstanding Community Service and I got the flag for first 4 years in Navy JROTC for my high school. Navy boy, I seen you dancing with the blonde chick with pink clothe. You seem so happy at the ball. Oh, I will post up a pics of me and my date and getting award soon.

Fox said:
Sorry to hear that, Navy boy. Well, I got a medal for Outstanding Community Service and I got the flag for first 4 years in Navy JROTC for my high school. Navy boy, I seen you dancing with the blonde chick with pink clothe. You seem so happy at the ball. Oh, I will post up a pics of me and my date and getting award soon.
Dude your date sucked she never really danced with you unless a slow song came on that was what I saw.

Navy Boy said:
I still didn't get any medals at the bankwit and this is like my 2nd year in NJROTC and still no medals WTF!? I work I polish shoes for other cadets.
And cadets that screw around get medals WTF!? Now I can understand that the senors get a medal for serving 4 years in the program,but the cadets that screw around!?

Calm down, Navy Boy, life isn't about winning shinny things. They come with time. All you should really worry about is doing your job to the best of your ability. That's all anyone really asks for, do your job the best you can and the awards will come. For example, my grades have been great for years, but it isn't until now that I've really gotten awards for it. Those awards are opportunities to put me ahead of the competition. Those are the awards you should strive for. A medal may look good on an application for an activity, but a nationally recognized activity will look a lot better on a job or college application.

Navy Boy said:

just because you polish shoes, doesnt mean you deserve a medal. I mean, good job, you're helping others out, but doesnt really consitute a medal.
I got a medal my freshmen year for being able to get even the most difficult cases to march properly. This year in the squad drill competition, I was given the squad of "f:cen: ups". The entire year, they had not marched properly, were never on step or anything. 10 minutes later we drilled and they were flawless, the only points we got off were my fault because i missed one command off of the sheet.

meanwhile, the platoon commander's squad he was drilling with did poorly. All he did was yell at them screaming "theres f:cen:ing 6th graders in young Marines that can march better than you!"

Do you take a leading position, do the men in your platoon respect you? do they respond automatically to any command you give?

Remember, you catch more flies with honey than vinegar, but in the case of high schoolers, if you're nice, theyre probably just gonna walk all over you. You have to know when to punish them, and when to just let it slide.

rotc boy said:
just because you polish shoes, doesnt mean you deserve a medal. I mean, good job, you're helping others out, but doesnt really consitute a medal.
I got a medal my freshmen year for being able to get even the most difficult cases to march properly. This year in the squad drill competition, I was given the squad of "f:cen: ups". The entire year, they had not marched properly, were never on step or anything. 10 minutes later we drilled and they were flawless, the only points we got off were my fault because i missed one command off of the sheet.

meanwhile, the platoon commander's squad he was drilling with did poorly. All he did was yell at them screaming "theres f:cen:ing 6th graders in young Marines that can march better than you!"

Do you take a leading position, do the men in your platoon respect you? do they respond automatically to any command you give?
Im not the squad leader nor a platoon leader im just a c/2nd class that does nothing excetp help as much as I can.

w00t! VADM Moran, Commander, Naval Education and Training FTW!!!

Don't feel bad, Navy Boy. I'm sure all of our units work differently, and so it may be harder or easier for us to earn ribbons (you do mean ribbons, not medals, right?). One good rule of thumb is to always be involved. Join teams, help clean up your squadbay, get a billet (job in the unit), attend field meets and competitions (even if you aren't a team member).

Also, if you're in NJROTC (you are, right?) every ribbon has a certain requirement that you must meet. For example, to earn the Participation ribbon, you must participate in at least 3 events. You won't earn anything unless you meet the requirements for those awards!

Navy Boy said:
Dude your date sucked she never really danced with you unless a slow song came on that was what I saw.
You shut up for the moment. Slow dance is more romantic than fast dance. Got it? One more negative word, you will get busted. My date likes the slow dance and I like it.

All I can say is this. It's Navy JROTC, relax buddy, not like you just took two in the chest and were denied a purple heart or anything.

I have to agree with Damien on this one. Calm yer nerves, and take a breath. And as for this whole 'date to dance' thing...ENOUGH.

Fox said:
You shut up for the moment. Slow dance is more romantic than fast dance. Got it? One more negative word, you will get busted. My date likes the slow dance and I like it.
Blah!

Damien435 said:
All I can say is this. It's Navy JROTC, relax buddy, not like you just took two in the chest and were denied a purple heart or anything.
Hmmm...I geuss your right about that.

Last edited:
Navy Boy said:

I can't believe what I'm reading here. :roll:

I hope I do not ruffle anyone's feathers with my opinions

I do see whining about not getting any candy for your uniform to be becoming of a good soldier. In my opinion, you do your job. If you choose to go above and beyond, that's up to you. But to do hard work with the expectation of getting an award is rather distaseful. I would advise you to read the recent book detailing the lives of soldiers who earned the Medal of Honor. A common characteristic shared by all of them is a sense that they did nothing that anyone esle had done. One guy in the Korean War thought he was getting court martialed when he was called into see some officers after he was no longer a POW.

As for other people getting awards that don't deserve it, welcome to life and the military. How many times have you witnessed someone getting an award that did not deserve it? I worked my butt off on setting up the 55th Anniversery of the 101st dropping into Normandy dinning out for 30 days. A freind of mine came in the night before and wrote the names of VIPs on little name cards for the tables. He gets an AAM and I got jack. That senario is repeated time and time again in the military. As I said, welcome to life.

Lastly, No offense to JROTC, but I firmly believe that they give out too many awards. Last year I was involved with a veterans day parade. One of the high school ROTC groups were there. The leader of them had more awards than Patton. I have never seen so many awards hanging off that guys uniforms. Every soldier standing in our formation shook their heads.

Doody said:
Lastly, No offense to JROTC, but I firmly believe that they give out too many awards. Last year I was involved with a veterans day parade. One of the high school ROTC groups were there. The leader of them had more awards than Patton. I have never seen so many awards hanging off that guys uniforms. Every soldier standing in our formation shook their heads.
I'd definately agree to that. It seems that you can get a medal for doing your job, and nothing more (which is good, but not worthy of getting a medal).

Royal Canadian Army Cadets have the possibility at getting 5 medals - Medal of Bravery, Lord Starthcona (for exceptional work done to benefit the cadets' corps), Canadian Legion's Medal of Excellence (for excellent work done both inside and outside cadets), Long Service Medal (for 5 years of service), MajGen. Howard (for getting top marks on the National Star in the province).

THAT'S IT. Nothing for doing your job, nothing for doing what you should have done anyway.

Lastly, if you have to whine about getting medals, then you're not worthy of getting them in the first place.

Last edited by a moderator:
Doody said:
I hope I do not ruffle anyone's feathers with my opinions

I do see whining about not getting any candy for your uniform to be becoming of a good soldier. In my opinion, you do your job. If you choose to go above and beyond, that's up to you. But to do hard work with the expectation of getting an award is rather distaseful. I would advise you to read the recent book detailing the lives of soldiers who earned the Medal of Honor. A common characteristic shared by all of them is a sense that they did nothing that anyone esle had done. One guy in the Korean War thought he was getting court martialed when he was called into see some officers after he was no longer a POW.

As for other people getting awards that don't deserve it, welcome to life and the military. How many times have you witnessed someone getting an award that did not deserve it? I worked my butt off on setting up the 55th Anniversery of the 101st dropping into Normandy dinning out for 30 days. A freind of mine came in the night before and wrote the names of VIPs on little name cards for the tables. He gets an AAM and I got jack. That senario is repeated time and time again in the military. As I said, welcome to life.

Right on! All of you young badge hunters need to read this and apply it to yourselves.

Humility is not a vice, and you can never have too much of it.

Well said Doody. Freaking out because you don't get a medal or a ribbon for doing your job is pointless. I've seen way too much of that in my cadet career and even here at RMC.

People do things and expect rewards for it. Just do your job, and it someone decides to praise you, then someone decided to praise you. It's no big deal.

Dude navy boy, I feel ya man.
in my afjrotc unit..
my colonel gave out medals to all the kids that screw around etc also..
in my unit.. u get medals by being the best suck up.. thats lame..
my colonel procrastinates like CRAZZZYYYY.. EVERYONE has the same ribbons as last years and new cadets this year still has no ribbons and have same airman ribbons.. (E-2, at least E-3 by now) I have like 3 ribbons.. I should have like 8 by now..
This guy opens door for colonel, does his arrands and brownnoses like crazy and he gets a medal.. lol and this girl that does her homework during the hour of class gets a medal.. I mean wtf? I help out and etc but that girl does NOTHING.. and when she became my flight commander.. oh man everyone hated her because she didnt do anything and etc.. wow..
All the kids that had intrest in joining the Military all dropped out.. I was going to but whatever... next year were going on kitty hawk trip.. and Edwards AFB is awesome for a field trip.
When were in the real military, we will show them hah!

but in the end.. it doesnt really matter.. its JUNIOR rotc.. my sq co has like 5 medals.. its dumb.. its like your whole military career in 4 years haha! and yeah life is unfair but we live through it cuz we have to breathe..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back