Omg!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to see we have someone else who gets it...

Medals are great, and they DO make you look more professional and experienced. However if you're only doing something to get them, then it's not worth it.

rotc boy said:
Last year it was a main goal of mine to get ribbons, this year, i have turned down 3 awards, because it isnt worth it. Its just another thing to put on my uniform, another thing to possibly get marked off for on inspection. I just do what im told, or get lower ranking men to do it. Depends on the task.
Ya know that you don't have to wear your medals for a normal inspection unless you get a ribbon with that medal.

That's why the uniform of the day for us is always khakis or BDUs unless the occasion calls for something else (awards, visitor, etc.). No sense messing with a whole bunch of eye candy that's pretty meaningless in most regards.

Navy Boy said:
Ya know that you don't have to wear your medals for a normal inspection unless you get a ribbon with that medal.

i dont have any medals, i just have ribbons, and im a plt commander so the few times we do wear the service uniforms, i wear them to encourage the few freshmen to become more active to put some color on their uniform

Or you could have served in the late 70's and done shit that not even your family knew about let alone your country, had to watch one of your best mates get shot dead when they never really left the country and their family was told they died in a car accident, and then come home and get **** all for it let alone a medal. Now your a drunk wreck and pester your teenage sons with violent psychotic war stories when they are allready up late trying to finish assignments.

Thats why kiddie cadets are a joke to real soldiers here in Australia, they walk around acting like they are bloody special forces just because they get to wear a set of cams.

Last edited:
I think this thread has run it's course (long ago), so I'm locking it now..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back