Omg!!! - Page 3

--

April 17th, 2006  
PJ24

Jules, maybe you should bother to read the post Doody made.
April 17th, 2006  
ARMY101

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulesLee
I have like 3 ribbons.. I should have like 8 by now..
No, you SHOULD have the number of medals you deserve. If that happens to be 3, then fine. There is no written regulation that says you HAVE to get a medal. If there was, then they wouldn't be so special.
April 18th, 2006  
AFSteliga

Agreed, Army101. Ribbons and medals are earned, not given away.
--
April 19th, 2006  
Navy Boy

Yes indeed that is right ARMY101.
April 19th, 2006  
JulesLee

yeah. I guess its integrity and self pride. If i know im doing good , I dont need recognition to do better because I will do it anyways and I will give excellence in all I do.
April 20th, 2006  
c/Commander

I say...just wait. Awards aren't everything, but they flow like booze in the Bahamas eventually. Just wait till you're a first-class or a Chief...you won't want anymore because they're so damn annoying to put on the uniform.

Oh, and Fox, threats of "busting" are no good here...we're not on duty, and if you carry through with the threat, discussion dies- no one wants to talk if they'll get in trouble for what they say.

So let's just keep it civil without outside repercussions, alright? Let the mods and admins handle discipline in forum matters.
April 20th, 2006  
Vilodja

You American Cadets with all those ribbons go about looking like bloody war heroes. In Australian cadets they don't get anything like that.
April 20th, 2006  
AussieNick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navy Boy
I still didn't get any medals at the bankwit and this is like my 2nd year in NJROTC and still no medals WTF!? I work I polish shoes for other cadets.
And cadets that screw around get medals WTF!? Now I can understand that the senors get a medal for serving 4 years in the program,but the cadets that screw around!?
What the hell?

Quote:
You American Cadets with all those ribbons go about looking like bloody war heroes. In Australian cadets they don't get anything like that.
Thats right. Back when I was a cadet I did 6 years and got no medal of any sort. Didn't expect one either... because medals are reserved for soldiers... not cadets. The only award I got was the Adventure training award, and you had to earn it, not get it through time served.
April 20th, 2006  
Fox

Interesting...I didn't know that anything about cadets in Australia. But that's interesting. I got 7 medals. I get those medals what I've earned.
April 23rd, 2006  
Navy Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAInf
Damn I never knew that.