The oldest Army recruit is ????? - Page 2

--

November 3rd, 2004  
Goon

Well an Option 40 contract is Ranger option enlistment. But I found out that Prior service an not get this. The Army is really making this difficult. They want to reduce me to E-2 and only have about 5-8 MOS possibilities. One of them is actually Calvary Scout and the other one I would consider is 91w which is a medic. I aced the physical and wasted a day at MEPS. I have to go again on 11/5 to try again and get this shit fixed. The whole e-4 to e-2 thing is the killer. I am already taking a big pay cut to go in the millitary and they want to cut it even more.
November 8th, 2004  
Goon

Roger that good intel. Thanks.
November 10th, 2004  
CavScout

I remember at the time I was in, going "Airborne" was an option along with "Air Assault" as a Cavalry Scout, so you might go that route.

"Scouts Out!!"
--
November 10th, 2004  
Goon

Well I am in. I ended up with a 91W MOS. I figured I could work this angle to either get into a Ranger Batt or an SF slot. They sure do make things hard for prior service to get a second chance. Not complaining though they are just making me be more creative. My only hope now is that I get my shot at moving to one of the 2 above mentioned groups. I will keep you posted. I have to attend the 4 week WTC first then to AIT.
November 12th, 2004  
CavScout

Way to go "Goon"!!
November 12th, 2004  
Goon

Thanks man. I am looking forward to this a lot. I will let everyone know what WTC is like when I am there.
December 15th, 2004  
Chemo66

You may join the Reserves as long as you can get a 20-year retirement by the age of 60...that's past 40 for you prior service guys...

As a recruiting commander, one of my recruiters enlisted a young man...while he was telling the son about the advantages of joining, the mom became interested...she was 38...the recruiter sold her too...they both enlisted the same day and she went off to BT and AIT in a medical MOS and was assigned to a Reserve Field Hospital in the area.

It can be done. My airborne school class had a 45 year old Major in the course. The black hats were checking on him constantly, but he made it with no problems...

Hooah!