Old WWII Relics. Price check plz.

JamesK

My father has an old German army helmet. He found it at an antique show in Belgium when we were living there. It is not a replica that has already been proven. The paint isnt chipped except for the insignia on the side which I scratched stupidly as a child but its half there. We are told it is a 1940 Heer Combat Helmet. Now if I were to take this to a collector what price would we ask for?

Second part question: My father ALSO has a WWII era US army helmet it is in mint condition except for the top that has a few scratches and looks like someone was putting a flame to it and the inside without the liner has some scratches(Obviously from cooking in the field). It has the original liner with the original chin strap, which is over the brim. Now what could we fetch for this here?

Third part question: I have a M1 Garand bayonet which is in so so condition. The grip is a little warped. Its still in its sheath. Now what does this cost?

If you need photos Ill take some.

Take note im not selling any of these just yet me and my father were just discussing the worth. We have like 100 more things that are WWII stuff given to him by his father who was an artilery man and stuff that was found at antique shows in the country sides of normandy and belgium.

Oh and I have this leather pistol holster. With US stamped on the front sticking outwards outlined with an oval thats sticking outwards. It looks like its for a revolver. Seems VERY old. Very fragile.

Last edited:
This is the german helmet.
CIMG0094.jpg

German helmet liner.
CIMG0096.jpg

US Army Helmet. Netting was added for effect. Not original, although I do have original netting that was worn by a member of the 101st. My dad knows this because he gave it to him.
CIMG0097.jpg

US helmet liner inside.
CIMG0098.jpg

US helmet liner outside.
CIMG0099.jpg

US military canteen. Stamped US on front. A.P.Co. 1942 on bottom. True historians will know something about the cap being metal.
CIMG0101.jpg

Webgear - Belt is a remake, ammo bandoliers are original, suspenders are original and are stamped with the numbers 7682 on the outer shoulder. Theres a few other stamps but some im not able to read. Medical kit reads, H.S.BW Shoe Co. 1942 on back. Oh yeah by the way, you like my flowery sheets? My dog knocked a beer off my dresser on my old ones haha.

CIMG0103.jpg

Holster. Web belt is not original (Came from the belgian army)

CIMG0104.jpg

Last edited:
I can't tell if the M1 Helmet is a front or rear seam helmet. The Kraut Helmet appears to be a either a M35 or a M40. From what I can tell it appears to have a rolled rim which means it is more then likely a M40. M35 helmets are identical to the M40's except that they have a two piece air vent and a rolled rim instead of a separate piece of sheet metal placed on the rim.

g_head_M35_vent.jpg
g_head_M40_vent.jpg

M35
g_head_M35_inside.jpg

M40
g_head_M40_inside.jpg

Looks like a standard M1917 Holster. Could be WWI, Could be WWII, Could be Korea. Can't tell because you have to look for stamps on it. Holsters have date and company stamps.

Looks like a standard M1917 Holster. Could be WWI, Could be WWII, Could be Korea. Can't tell because you have to look for stamps on it. Holsters have date and company stamps.

Ok where on the holster would they be would you think? and what do you think each of these would be worth to a collector? Me and my dad just kind of have a debate I need to settle.

Ok where on the holster would they be would you think? and what do you think each of these would be worth to a collector? Me and my dad just kind of have a debate I need to settle.

The only two locations I have seen identification markings are on the "back" between the webbing fixtures or under the flap.

Most were marked with the:
- name or acronym of the manufacturer
- production year
- inspector initials in capital letters.

Back