"Old School" Games

paperboy.jpg

Haha, there was this really old arcade game called 1942 (I think) that was pretty sweet. I can't seem to find it on the Internet for a free download anymore though. :?

Italian Guy said:
BaZoOkAzNgReNaDeZ said:
Haha, there was this really old arcade game called 1942 (I think) that was pretty sweet. I can't seem to find it on the Internet for a free download anymore though. :?

You sure it wasn't 1943 ? http://www.gamefaqs.com/coinop/arcade/data/563934.html

There we go! That was it. Yeah...fun game. Sorry about that. :oops: Got it mixed up. If you happen to find it for download somewhere (cause I didn't see any download link on that site you gave me), let me know. :p

I am now pretty much 100% sure that it was "1943" because the screenshots that were on that site you gave me looked exactly like what I remembered. And I got Battlefield 1942 so I know for a fact that that one isn't it. As I said, I think it's 1943.

General Chaos for Sega Genesis. Also Streets of Rage. I liked Eternal Champions. The first Earthworm Jim. Lethal Enforcers. Madden '95.

Ahhh, where should I start... :D

I love retro games, and I spent a significant amount of coins in the Arcade back in the "ol' days",
before I got my first computer (and also after.. :) ),
the good old Texas Instruments TI-99..

1943 is certainly a classic, and Paper Boy as well..
And then we have the original Super Mario Bros Coin-up game, Ghosts'n Goblins, Wonderboy, Bubble Bobble, Test Drive, Pac-Man, Asteroids, Tetris etc. etc. etc. 8)

But one of the real classics I still can remember (and one of the first PC games I played), was Castles Adventure.
100% pure ASCII fun, no graphics at all...
http://www.thealmightyguru.com/Reviews/CastleAdventure/CA-Screens.html

Ah, the memories... :D

Here's a great Arcade Machine Emoulator:
It's actually called Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator (MAME)

You can find a lot of the real good "oldies" for that one..
Got it on my computer, and it works (almost) perfectly.

Oh to many to post here but my top 10 list:

1. Paperboy
2. Buggyboy
3. Last Ninja 3
4. California Games
5. Forbidden Forrest
6. Saboteur
7. HERO
8. Toy Bizzare
9. Bubble Bobble
10. Outrun

There are somewhat 40 other games such as Zaxxon, Great Giana Sisters etc, but you guys get the picture :D

Springfield I have found 1943 and have it up and active on my laptop. I also PM'd you. Can send it to you anytime, let me know.

Man, I still play the original Duke Nukems- before sex got invovled in the game.

Commander Keen, the original Prince of Persia...

Back