Old rucksack. Not sure if it's military but it's old.

baditud

I recently came across an old canvass rucksack. I'm not sure if it's military, but I'm pretty certain it's not US military. I have a couple pictures of it. Marcel Fruitige and Cernier is stamped into it with hand carved initials in the middle. The letters are very very faded. I'm guessing Marcel Fruitige is the maker. Anyway I haven't been able to find anything online, so I was wondering if anyone can help. I can send a couple picures via e-mail if needed.

Thanks!!

It's easy. Upload it onto the internet. go to www.photobucket.com it literally takes 30 secconds to make an account (no email activation either). Then, upload the picture using the brows button. Once it's uploaded, use right click on the picture, go to properties and copy the URL of the picture. Once that's done, paste the URL on here.

Make sure you put it between image codes. Like this:

Thanks. That's kinda what I thought, but I still wonder how old it is. The canvas is very stiff and it looks like it's seen some use.
Anyway, I did learn how to post pics on the site. I come across this kind of stuff all the time through auctions and yard sales. This one I got along with some other stuff I bought at an auction.

Thanks again!!

Not sure if this will help you at all, but "fruitige" means "fruity" (or something near) in Dutch. Maybe someone who actually speaks the language might be able to help you out more.

Back