~old rifles?

Missileer said:
No, I was never interested in the older ones because of the price being so high. I would like to have a Sharps 1870 in 45/70 cal. but even the reproductions are too expensive. I would still like to be able to hit at 1000 yards at least once.

I know a guy who hand makes Blackpower rilfes, D**n good too.

zander_0633 said:
"Blackpower rilfes" What are those? Match locks? Any pics?

Black powder rifles are those that use "Black Powder". It's anything from a Old Flintlock Brown Bess Muskett to a Modern In-Line Muzzle Loader.

It mean that it does not use smokeless powder. Which is the gun powder that has been used in modern military and civilian firearms since the 1890s.

sharps-rifles.jpg

These are some Sharp Rifles and Carbines.

And that's cool that your school has firearms. Are they live working rifles or are they demilled parade rifles?

MightyMacbeth said:
Any know where I might be able to get my hand on some ww2 or earlier antique rifles or muskets??

thanx :)

Well, I know that England has some tough laws in regards to civilian firearm ownership. Well, let me rephrase that. England restricts civilians from owning firearms.

For you to ship a firearm from the Good Old USA to Jolly Old England. You need to get a FFL Dealer that also has export license. You need to get the information about importing a firearm into your country before you do anything else.

Is the said firearm legal to own, what permits do you need, who much will it coast to import it, so on and so forth. It takes alot to import and export firearm to other countries. And the USA or more correctly, the evil BAFTE makes it really hard.

5.56X45mm said:
Black powder rifles are those that use "Black Powder". It's anything from a Old Flintlock Brown Bess Muskett to a Modern In-Line Muzzle Loader.

It mean that it does not use smokeless powder. Which is the gun powder that has been used in modern military and civilian firearms since the 1890s.

sharps-rifles.jpg

These are some Sharp Rifles and Carbines.

And that's cool that your school has firearms. Are they live working rifles or are they demilled parade rifles?

Well, I ever took out the magazine! It is empty, and the cocking hammer still works! Well I am not sure if they sealed certain parts of it with Cement? My regularly maintain the rifles by painting it with some wood paint bought from those wood shops! haha, Not sure if that will spoilt them!

The Rifle Number 4 (Short Magazine Lee Enfield)
Length 113 cm
Weight 4.1 kg
Calibre 0.303 in (7.7 mm)
Magazine 10 rounds
Muzzle Velocity 740 metres per second
Rifle_No4.jpg
The Rifle No 4
Rifle_No5.jpg

The Rifle No 5, lower of the two, distinguished by the flash hider and shoulder pad

This are the two rifles that are currently in use in my old Secondary school as drill rifles. They are quite heavy and you hold them while marching using your middle and fourth fingle going through the trigger guard.

wasnt the lee enfield light in colour? like the second picture...

Are there any actual real antique guns that still function? M1 Grand? Thompson? or are some just made as replicas?

And also, what about older muskets?

MightyMacbeth said:

Are there any actual real antique guns that still function? M1 Grand? Thompson? or are some just made as replicas?

The Enfield, like every military weapon, had mixed parts on them and could go from dark brown to light tan. The armorys didn't bother matching parts.

All of the WW I and WW II weapons are servicable because they were turned in for repair/overhaul pretty regularly. The receivers usually have several armory stamps on them. There were so many made by so many countries that there is no need to make replicas.

The muskets are almost always new repros because the steel wasn't the best and black powder corroded the barrells so badly. If you find an original Brown Bess or an early American flintlock that works, it would cost anywhere from a thousand to ten thousand dollars because of their antique value. I wouldn't fire a weapon that old with much of a load.

THose that are in use in my schol are not replicas. They are left for us by the British army. I think during WWII, lots of Lee Enfield are made!

MightyMacbeth said:

Ya. Here in the U.S. you can walk down to you local gun store and but an M1 Garand for $400 USD.

Back