The Old Republic

Hehe, got early access last week... :smil:
But haven't been able to test it much yet, and I have no idea how I'll be able to combine work, (offline) life and all of the new games coming out now... :p

Im liking it so far, the graphics are better then what I was expecting. It actually has quite a bit of polish for a new MMO. I'm giving the smuggler class a try.

I'm so jealous of everybody. I got to participate in 2 of the betas and really loved the game. However, my first child is due any day now and I know that I need to wait to get the game until after he's been here a little while so I haven't pre-ordered it....even though I've been waiting for it for years now since I first heard of it. Everybody have a great time for me, and hopefully I'll be joining you all in a few months.
g.php

Well I guess I will throw my oar in here and say I beta'ed the thing and have no intention of picking it up.

The UI is terrible, it is buggy, it lacks any real incentive to group or do anything more than follow the story line and worst of all I got 3 toons to level 30, 33 and 34 in 2 days at that rate I am capped within 4 days, basically I do not consider it an MMO, it just rates the "O" part.
-

Jedi Knight here, I really like it, espicially the PVP. I got my Guardian to Level 14 but I a am thinking of rerolling a Sentinel, because I feel alittle weak in PVP.

I'll give you all alittle hint, play a trooper (espicially a Vanguard), until EA hits it with the nerf bat its the best class for PVP.

and worst of all I got 3 toons to level 30, 33 and 34 in 2 days at that rate I am capped within 4 days, basically I do not consider it an MMO, it just rates the "O" part.
-

I haven't played that much,yet, but leveling speed doesn't feel much different from other MMOs so it's possible that they've fixed that since the beta, or that the beta had increased leveling speed for testing purposes...

Its possible but I think I will pass on it for a while at least, besides I am still working my way through the German heavy tank line in World of Tanks.

:)

Its possible but I think I will pass on it for a while at least, besides I am still working my way through the German heavy tank line in World of Tanks.

:)

Dammit Monty, you don't like my books, my sports teams, or even my video games, there is just no pleasing you is there? You're worse than my wife ;)

I like it, True, its a SW games and that's already a big + in its hat and you are right about most of it has already been done, some of which has been done before and better.

Yet it is still entertaining. I think the two reasons I like it are:

1. The SW Universe.
2. The PVP is good, although it is dumbed down compared to Warhammer Online which was more detailed, had more bonuses, and more choices.

3. The voiceover. I used to think this was just a gimmick, but it really does make you more emersed in the story far better than any MMO I have ever played. If it didn't have this I would have dismissed TOR as another WOW clone. But it is not a WOW clone, there is *just* enough to make it stand out on its own merits. But I agree its not a revolutionary experience.

4. It's stable. There are bugs (including some very funny ones like NPCS occasionally shrinking to liliputian size during cut scenes) but the game is stable.

Last edited:
To be honest I have never been a SW fan and absolutely hated every one of the movies but I did play Galaxies for a couple of years not because it was SW but because I loved the games crafting system.

I generally do not get wrapped up in story lines or cannon so voice overs and cut scenes mean nothing to me for the most part I play these games for the technical aspect and sadly TOR really offers nothing in that respect.

I had hoped that TOR would have been what Star Wars Galaxies should have been instead it is WoW without orcs.

I was doing the firestar heroic 4 with with 2 other guys, we had no healing and shouldn't had been attempting it. Anyways we manage to get to the last guy, General something. The 2 other guys die and I survive. I tried to flee so I could come back and Ressurect my buds and the General chases me.... No bs, one of the packs of mobs killed him..... They killed their own boss lol. Greatest bug ever.

I have to say some of the Imperial class stories are pretty fun. Its good to be BAD.

I play on a RP server so everything I say below is not 100% relevant to the game, although it does impact the choices I make in the story. No spoilers.

I am just trying out a Female Inquisitor (a hot but really nasty bit*h) who has done some downright heinous things for power (and a bit of sport). I never knew how much fun it is to electrocute people, especially helpless people tied down... :firedevi:

I also have my Bounty Hunter, is not as evil as my Inqusitor but he lives by four simple rules which he never breaks...

1. A job, is a job, is a job. As long as there are enough credits at the end of it no job will be refused no matter from who its from. The Sith, the Imperial Military, Business Corporations, the Crime Syndicates, even (on occasion) the Republic. Though these jobs are rare as the Republic doesn't like BH much and doesn't pay nearly as well as the empire. They also tend to be a bit squeamish about his methods. So its usually a waste of time taking Republic jobs.

2. Only kill people if you are getting paid for it, or if its necessary for the completion of a job. Ammo, powerpacks, Stims, etc cost money, and money is the only thing that counts.

3. When you take a job he always sees it done no matter what. Will not be swayed by pleas of mercy/sympathy, bribes, or threats no matter what. My Bounty Hunter is loyal his CURRENT employer. Of course once I'm paid, the current contract is terminated and all bets are off.

4. He will always collect payment in full and on time, one way or another. There are no delinquent accounts. Trust me, You'll pay. Credits are preferred (for both parties) but those are in short supply he'll take his payment somewhere else....

Last edited:
Back