The Old Poodle

DTop

[FONT=arial,helvetica]The Old Poodle[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica]

A wealthy old lady decided to go on a photo safari in Africa, took her faithful aged poodle named Cuddles along for the company.

One day the poodle started chasing butterflies and before long, Cuddles discovered she was lost. Wandering about, she noticed a leopard heading rapidly in her direction with the intention of having lunch.

The old poodle thought, "Oh, oh! I'm in deep doggy doo now!" Noticing some bones on the ground close by, she immediately settled down to chew on the bones with her back to the approaching cat. Just as the leopard was about to leap, the old poodle exclaimed loudly, "Boy, that was one delicious leopard! I wonder if there are any more around here?"

Hearing this, the young leopard halted his attack in mid-strike, a look of terror came over him and he skulked away into the trees. "Whew," said the leopard "That was close! That old poodle nearly had me!"

Meanwhile, a monkey who had been watching the whole scene from a nearby tree figured he could put this knowledge to good use and trade it for protection from the leopard. So off he went, but the old poodle saw him heading after the leopard with great speed and figured that something must be up. The monkey soon caught up with the leopard, spilled the beans and struck a deal for himself with the leopard.

The young leopard was furious at being made a fool of and said, "Here, monkey, hop on my back and see what's going to happen to that conniving canine!"

Now, the old poodle saw the leopard coming with the monkey on his back and thought, "What am I going to do now?" but instead of running, the dog sat down with her back to her attackers, pretending she hadn't seen them yet, and just when they get close enough to hear, the old poodle said, "Where's that damn monkey? I sent him off an hour ago to bring me another leopard!"

Moral of this story.. .

Don't mess with old farts. Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! B.S. and brilliance only come with age and experience![/FONT]

Back