Old obsolite can get less obsolite in 20 days

Doc.S

The Kharkiv Morozov Machine Building Design Bureau (KMDB) is a state-owned enterprise, which is now Ukraine's leading design authority for armoured fighting vehicles and used to play a key role in the development of armoured tracked vehicles in the former Soviet Union.

The contemporary activities of the KMDB are distinguished by three main factors:

• the ability to offer customers a wide range of armoured vehicles and other products for both military and civil use, as well as obsolete vehicle upgrade packages;

the provision of equipment closely tailored to customer's individual requirements;

the availability of long-term support for the end user.

T-62 example: The tank can be equipped with the additional armor protection array within 20 days by 6 person.

LINK:

http://www.morozov.com.ua/eng/body/t62.php?menu=def2.php

"Future armys can be built up from old and still make the differance on the modern battlefield", what do you think about this? If you have the money to pay for this. Can this be the poor countries answer on the rich nations wars in the future? Is there hope for old obsolite tanks :?:

Cheers:
Doc.S

:viking:

yeap,these guys are military "east coast customs" :lol:
so far they really proven that they can p.i.m.p some tanks damn well ;)

Yes I believe so too, It seems like these guys are really handy with their tools to be honest. Night/Day sights and even stabilisation upgrades for the tanks can give an older T-72 the right bite that is needed on the modern battlefield. I found an additional page with T-72s but still a man have to remember, it is not the tank, it is the crew in it that makes the difference. Put a OPFOR-force in a KMDB T-72M1 and give them good ammunition and they will probably kill M1 Abrams as M1 Abrams kills old and obsolite T-54s on the battle field. Imagine a tank force of modified KMDB tanks in the hands of a not to rich country , pic anyone and they have the spare parts to train there tankforce and crews almost as hard as US are doing. Then the battlefield would look different thats for sure. Maby Libya is the next one. They got alot of T-72s and M-84 tanks that could need some time in the workshop, after a KMDB makeup and the tank force would be a force to count on. 8)

I just like the designs on these old Soviet monsters

The 125mm 2A46 series main gun is almost as powerful (depending on the ammunition) as the NATO-standard 120mm/L60 found in many modern Western MBTs A tank is a tracked and armoured combat vehicle (armoured fighting vehicle), designed primarily to destroy enemy ground forces by direct fire. A modern main battle tank (MBT), designed predominantly for combat, is the most powerful direct-fire land-based weapon.

LINK:

http://encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com/T-72 tank

Cheers:
Doc.S

:viking:

Yup really not a bad idea.
If you cannot afford a batch of the next generation of tanks, an upgrade like this might be a good alternative.
Or who knows... maybe they can use this tech to juice up some trucks.

Back