an old man and his mule....

John Lydon

An old farmer was greeting guests at the funeral of his recently deceased wife who was kicked in the head by their mule. The farmer's wife was watching people taking turns giving their condolonces to the farmer on his loss. After a while the cousin goes up to the farmer and says "I can't help but notice that everytime a woman offered her sympathy you nodded your head and when a man offered his you shook your head no. Why is that?" The old farmer replied " all the women were telling me what a great loss this is and how sorry they are to hear about it. So i would nod in agreement." "Well, what about the men? Why did you shake your head no all the time?" The cousin asked. To which the farmer replied, "They wanted to know if the mule was for sale."

An old farmer was greeting guests at the funeral of his recently deceased wife who was kicked in the head by their mule. The farmer's wife was watching people taking turns giving their condolonces to the farmer on his loss. After a while the cousin goes up to the farmer and says "I can't help but notice that everytime a woman offered her sympathy you nodded your head and when a man offered his you shook your head no. Why is that?" The old farmer replied " all the women were telling me what a great loss this is and how sorry they are to hear about it. So i would nod in agreement." "Well, what about the men? Why did you shake your head no all the time?" The cousin asked. To which the farmer replied, "They wanted to know if the mule was for sale."

OUCH! Score one for the guys! :mrgreen:

Back