Old Geezers

tomtom22

Chief Engineer
"Geezers" (slang for an old man) are easy to spot:
At sporting events, during the playing of the National Anthem, Old Geezers remove their caps and stand at attention and sing without embarrassment. They know the words and believe in them.

Old Geezers remember the Depression, World War II, Pearl Harbor, Guadalcanal, Normandy and Hitler. They remember the Atomic Age, the Korean War 1950-53-55, The Cold War, the jet age, and the moon landing, the 50 plus Peacekeeping Missions from 1945 to 2005, the Jet Age and the Moon Landing, not to mention Vietnam.

If you bump into an Old Geezer on the sidewalk, he will apologize.
If you pass an Old Geezer on the street, he will nod or tip his cap to a lady.
Old Geezers trust strangers and are courtly to women.
Old Geezers hold the door for the next person and always, when walking, make certain the lady is on the inside for protection.
Old Geezers get embarrassed if someone curses in front of women and children and they don't like any filth on TV or in movies.
Old Geezers have moral courage. They seldom brag unless it's about their grandchildren.

It's the Old Geezers who know our great country is protected, not by politicians or police, but by the young men and women in the military serving their country.

This country needs Old Geezers with their decent values.
We need them now more than ever!

Thank God for Old Geezers!

Indeed. Thank God for the Old Geezers. I must say, I execute some of the same courtesies, though I can hardly say remember those events...Sending this one to Papa. Thanks TomTom.

and congratulations on becoming a moderator.

whoa, hes a mod now...didnt see that until u pointed that out henderson
a "old geezer" that I used to talk to a lot was like this, i used to go to his house once in a while and just talk because he had no family...met him when i interviewed him for a history project on WW2
then he ended up in a nursing home so i would go there...then he got alzheimer's and the nurses basically told me to stop coming....

he was a good man

I feel a little better about the old geezer thing now. I remember that almost every toy I got for Christmas was made in Japan for a while after the Big War. I think they must have cornered the market on Cracker Jack prizes.

istealfreefood said:
i do alot of those things! but im not old. i guess im just one of the few young people that has values.

You probably got it like I did, it was expected of myself and my siblings. I think it was our Mother who made sure we minded our P s & Q s.

Living in the South gives that to you too. In the South, Yes ma'am and no ma'am, yes sir and no sir is expected. Up North Ive heard it is more laid back. And of course, living in a military family gives you a little humbleness.

haha.....

yeah henderson your right....living in the south as a child...if you said anything other than yes ma'am, no ma'am, yes sir, no sir...or even putting mr or mrs infront of someones name that is older than you and they arent family, you were slapped upside the head and told "put a handle on it" as my dad always said.

Back