Old Dogs Can Still Hang

Duty Honor Country

Upon my return to Ft. Campbell, KY, I have taken on the roll of assistant swim coach and swimmer. Sometimes I swim during practice, sometimes I coach, sometimes I do both. Well, I just got back from a swim meet today. This was my first one in 3 years and I had no idea where my swimming ability was. I figured I would do a few events to show my swimmers how things are done. I didnot expect to win all three of my events and beat a handful of 15-18 year old kids.

My message to all young'ns...Look out!!!! the old and crusty bastards can still throw up a good fight :box:

Good for you Doody! With age comes experience! You knock 'em dead... or at least to the bottom of the ocean!

Can you please check your private messages now? Thank you.

I know how you feel, Doody. When I was at Ft. Sill earlier this year I ran PT with some captains half my age. They were expecting to leave me in the dust. They couldn't have known I'd been running 8 miles or more nearly every day since long before they were born. Their looks of shock turned to ones of chagrine when it was my dust they were eating. 8) :lol:

Way to represent bruvs. I hope tohold upmy end of the bargain in the near future as I secretly hope the ADF want me to do THEIR basic training. Hehehe.

Back