OLD ARMY

What were Class X Fatigues?

• Uniform for class X troops.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hawaiian shirt, shorts and shoes with black socks.

• Fatigues that needed replacing.

• Issued, used fatigues until you were uniform fitted.

• Total voters

Missileer

Not many will get these. By the way, if anyone knows, answer in your post and I'll yay or nay it.

Man, you guys must have had it good . As soon as the bus reached Ft. Polk, the supply Sgt. opened the back of supply and there was a heap of used fatigues which looked like they got the worst of Korea. We picked through and found a jacket and pants that were a close fit. That's what we wore while we were policing the grounds and waiting for uniforms. We wore our civvy shoes. Pretty ragged looking bunch. I think it took two days before we went to Quartermaster for uniforms.

Guessin. Since it's your era.

Blue Frock Coat with Buff Facings
Black Tricorn Hat w/ Cockade
White pantaloons
:twisted: :p :p

03USMC said:
Guessin. Since it's your era.

Blue Frock Coat with Buff Facings
Black Tricorn Hat w/ Cockade
White pantaloons
:twisted: :p :p

Like Rodney Daingerfield, "I get no respect." Besides, those weren't pantaloons, they were stockings. Which, I guess is just as bad. :?

03USMC said:
Since I know DX as direct exchange. I'm gonna go with Fatigues for Exhange.

Close, I added the correct answer to my first post. Ah! Those were the days. NOT!!

Not only were class X fatigues issued to you until you were fitted but you might also be able to draw a set from supply for doing dirty details like painting. We used to use them when we did OPFOR detail just to distinguish us from the good guys. They were basically uniforms that had been turned in and were ready to be trashed. They usually had "CLASS X" stencilled on them as I recall.

Top, if you remember, they also referred to us as "casuals." I never figured out where they got that name. Unless you're not officially a buck private, E-1, until you're issued uniforms.

Well, I actually figured that one out once I was 1SG and had to deal with payrolls and such. The term casuals was likely derived from AR 310-15(I had to look it up). Before we were assigned to a training company for BCT, we were casuals because we fit into these payroll categories/definitions.

casual detachment (A)
Military unit consisting of officers or soldiers separated from their
own units or awaiting assignment.

casual payment (A)
Payment made to a person temporarily separated from his own
organization and military pay record.

DTop said:
Not only were class X fatigues issued to you until you were fitted but you might also be able to draw a set from supply for doing dirty details like painting.

Oh GOD do I remember that use! :army: :( :? :shock: :x :roll: :sleep:

Back