Okay, so there's this trend lately at my school...

Focus Fate said:
You don't even know what a 'gangster' is. You're going by what you see on TV. I grew up in the projects, and although I never got into it, I know most people turn to the crime side because they feel its the only way out. It kind of puts that impression on you, that you can't get out. You can never do anything, you never have any money, and to some kid's they're never told they can actually be something in life.

This true to an extent.

The problem with gangs, is that they are probably the one of the major factors in perpetuating this cycle which you are speaking out against.

The gangs are whats helping to keep the community down, and therefore those kids down and make them feel that there is no way out.

I have no problem with imbeciles wearing camo, it's partial and whole dress uniforms I have trouble with. In the 60's dress greens jackets with all kinds of medals and crap were popular with hippies. :evil:

There are a lot of youths in Germany who wear camo. Some of them wear it was a fashion statement or they are just military enthusiasts. But some of them who wear camos in large groups are obviously related to some militant or extremist organization.

Desert_Eagle said:
Focus Fate said:
the_13th_redneck said:
I hate gangsters.
I hate fake gangsters even more.
As a kid I wanted to be a police officer and bust up gangsters.

You don't even know what a 'gangster' is. You're going by what you see on TV. I grew up in the projects, and although I never got into it, I know most people turn to the crime side because they feel its the only way out. It kind of puts that impression on you, that you can't get out. You can never do anything, you never have any money, and to some kid's they're never told they can actually be something in life.

I agree though, I think people trying to be 'gangster' because they think it's cool/to fit in, is pretty damn stupid. It shouldn't be glorified. It's a bad life that some people feel they need to turn to.

Yes, but did they ever wear camo?

Okay, here we go. From the Wu-Tang Manual:

"We started taking the styles that we actually wore-like the army fatigue pants, but with the drawstrings at the front and drawstrings at the bottom of your pants-and told tailors how to make them."

So as you can see, they DID wear camo. They eventually took that style and told tailors to add the drawstrings to them, and added it to their Wu clothing line.

Also, I completely agree on people who wear the fake fatigues w/ fake patches and stuff on them. Disrespectful. But I used to rock my grandfathers old Airforce cammie shortsleeve back in the day. But that was when I was really young. It has his Cheif Master Sergeant rank and patch for his unit and then name tag and airforce tag. B[/i]

Focus Fate said:
Desert_Eagle said:
Focus Fate said:
the_13th_redneck said:
I hate gangsters.
I hate fake gangsters even more.
As a kid I wanted to be a police officer and bust up gangsters.

I agree though, I think people trying to be 'gangster' because they think it's cool/to fit in, is pretty damn stupid. It shouldn't be glorified. It's a bad life that some people feel they need to turn to.

Yes, but did they ever wear camo?

Okay, here we go. From the Wu-Tang Manual:

"We started taking the styles that we actually wore-like the army fatigue pants, but with the drawstrings at the front and drawstrings at the bottom of your pants-and told tailors how to make them."

So as you can see, they DID wear camo. They eventually took that style and told tailors to add the drawstrings to them, and added it to their Wu clothing line.

Also, I completely agree on people who wear the fake fatigues w/ fake patches and stuff on them. Disrespectful. But I used to rock my grandfathers old Airforce cammie shortsleeve back in the day. But that was when I was really young. It has his Cheif Master Sergeant rank and patch for his unit and then name tag and airforce tag. B[/i]

Thank you for clarifing, I only asked so we could get back on track.

yep true dat bro...

as I walk across the high shcool campas, I cant help but notice the crazy sutff the gangbangers or whatever they like to call them selves do. they dont usually wear camo at my school but they call each other "couz"

eg. your playin basket ball with your buddy, some guy walks up and says, and I quote,"hey couz, let me take a shot couz." and when they miss,"ah man that was the wind couz, couz, I shot that straight couz, couz,couz,couz"

yep I hear yall.

Re: yep true dat bro...

danthepirate said:
as I walk across the high shcool campas, I cant help but notice the crazy sutff the gangbangers or whatever they like to call them selves do. they dont usually wear camo at my school but they call each other "couz"

eg. your playin basket ball with your buddy, some guy walks up and says, and I quote,"hey couz, let me take a shot couz." and when they miss,"ah man that was the wind couz, couz, I shot that straight couz, couz,couz,couz"

yep I hear yall.

In old english, cuz meant friend.

we shouldnt be wasting our time with these kind of people. there are only two reasons someone would wear real camo on campus. either they are part of the military or, in my case, unable to join the military for whatever reason but still have respect and want to show it, or it is to follow a trend. The prior i am completely fine with. I wear my arctic camo to show my support. However, in the latter case, anyone who feels they need to fit in by following a trend if already a loser in my book. if you are not happy with the way you are and feel that what you wear will change that, i honestly pity that person. camo is not comfortable when on for 8 hours. the only reason i can wear for mine that long is because it was broken in by my father when he was in the military.

I think that the whole idea of trying to be cool and trying to fit in has gone too far. I would hate to be there when the kids who are living this lifestyle of trying to be like the gangster (really its more like the picture rappers have drawn for a gangster that they are trying to be like) realize that they actually have a future to plan for.

old english huh?

i have been reading romeo and juliet in shcool and to my great surprise and most of the others in the class merchutio says "cuz" to romeo. i guess it has been around for a while but the reason why these gangpeople picked it up...beyond me.

"In old english, cuz meant friend." from desert eagle

behemoth79 said:
we shouldnt be wasting our time with these kind of people. there are only two reasons someone would wear real camo on campus. either they are part of the military or, in my case, unable to join the military for whatever reason but still have respect and want to show it, or it is to follow a trend. The prior i am completely fine with. I wear my arctic camo to show my support. However, in the latter case, anyone who feels they need to fit in by following a trend if already a loser in my book. if you are not happy with the way you are and feel that what you wear will change that, i honestly pity that person. camo is not comfortable when on for 8 hours. the only reason i can wear for mine that long is because it was broken in by my father when he was in the military.

I think that the whole idea of trying to be cool and trying to fit in has gone too far. I would hate to be there when the kids who are living this lifestyle of trying to be like the gangster (really its more like the picture rappers have drawn for a gangster that they are trying to be like) realize that they actually have a future to plan for.

Yes, I pity those that follow trends also, especially since companies use that as an advantage to raise prices.

Oh my God people. Camo isn't just reserved for the military or even people who want to join the military but "can't" (boo hoo), it's a style of clothing thats sold. If people want to wear it, they can. Why is everyone trying to act like the ****ing fashion police. LOL

Because it is reserved for the military (not so any more), and if you see somenone with a jacket with the patches and stuff do they realize that that is the uniform of the military? Men have died in the uniform, they should respect that.

nulli secundus said:
If it's the fake camo then I don't give a rats @$$. But if it's the real stuff with the patches and all then it ercks me a bit. Unless it belonged to someone in their family who served. Yeah, the whole "I'm a 'gansta', homie" is getting really old really really fast. Definitely if you go to a high school that is located in a middle school in the ghettos. At least 99% of the kids at the middle school are "gansters" and really need a reality check. Or a busted nose. :D My bus is the bus from h**l (that's putting it as a euphemism. no joke). Besides, who wants to talk ignorance? The reply I get the most "I'm represintin my heritage, dog" On the opposite end of the spectrum I see.

Haha you ride the big yellow taxi to school :lol:

I cant say I like it too much myself. These "soldiers" or what ever they call themselfs are just a bunch of kids that think they are badas*es. But I've seen these "soldiers" try to pick fights and when one actually presents itself they run. Heh tells you something dont it? :lol:

I doubt you'd see many 15 year old kids wearing MOH's...
and even if they did its breaking the rules about the MOH
only the original recipiant can wear it (thank you mail call :p )

Desert_Eagle said:
The only people who should be able to wear camo to schools are people who are in Junior military groups (in the for of BDU's, and only if the instructers say it's okay), active military (Again, BDU's), or the instructors (For the third go, BDU's).

Also, if you're going to wear dog tags, wear real dog tags. My friend wears his dads old ones(in fact, he can recite the whole thing by heart).

ahh yes the good ol' american/mexican nazi man...yep. There is someone who should be able to where dog tags and camo and all that.

behemoth79 said:

AAAAAAAmen!

Back