Okay, this cop's a dumbsmack.

AJChenMPH

Forum Health Inspector
Now, I usually have all the respect in the world for most LEO's, but this one's just a dummy.

Officer's Machine Gun Stolen from Vehicle

By Peggy Agar
Web produced by Christine Lasek
June 15, 2006

Police say someone stole a powerful weapon out of an off-duty police officer’s car during Wednesday night’s Tigers game, and now that thief has a fully automatic machine gun on the streets.

West Bloomfield Police Chief Ronald Cronin told 7 Action News, "I’d gonna give him A for stupidity today in that area down there. I used to be in charge of that area and I know what happens. I have no idea why he would do something like that."

The officer’s gun was a fully automatic 9mm Colt submachine gun, which can fire 700 to 1000 rounds per minute.

The officer left the gun sitting on the backseat of his unmarked Narcotic Enforcement Team car, while he was inside Comerica Park enjoying a ballgame.

"Somebody come by and smash the back window and looked in to what they saw and reached in and grabbed the gun... it was a heavy heavy machine gun, and we should not have them in the back seat of a car," Chief Cronin said.

The officer accused of leaving that weapon unattended has been on the force for 4 years, and now he is facing a lot of trouble.

"You can bet he’s going to be disciplined," Chief Cronin. "He’s kind of a young officer, but I gave him more credit than leaving a machinegun in the back of a car."

According to officials, the officer will not be disciplined for driving his work car to the ballpark, because that is allowed. But he is in trouble for leaving the gun inside the car where somebody could see it.

The chief told 7 Action News that he hopes to get the gun back before someone uses it in a crime.

Nope, ain't me. I'd never leave a firearm in plain view in my truck. This guy is a retard and an insult to LEOs.

Heavy Machine Gun
Please, it's a 9X19mm Parabellum Fully Automatic Carbine. The damn thing weighs 6 pounds.

If they want a heavy machine gun. I'll let them hump a Ma Duce for six miles. Or better yet, how about a Russian Maxim on a [FONT=arial,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Sled Mount.

Vickers-Maxim%20Machine%20Gun%201904%20.jpg

[/SIZE][/FONT]

Last edited:
This guy made a mistake, a really bad one but it was a just a single incident I dont think hes a dumby or retarded or the sort, he just f'ed up. He sure as heck wont make that mistake again though.

Just because he wears the 'blue' does NOT make him any smarter ... he suffered a major brain fart on this one. Only someone with limited smarts would leave this type of weapon lying around in the back seat of a vehicle anywhere and it takes a real dufus to do this in an area which is infamous for vehicle break-ins. Most people have learned NOT to leave ANYTHING lying loose inside the vehicle outside the ball field, everything is placed in the trunk to decrease temptation.

Oh well, as some of you have said ... he sure won't do anything like this again .......... BUT ........... we really didn't need another automatic weapon of this type loose on our streets and it is a sad state of affairs that it was a police officer who was the cause. All he can hope for is that no crimes are committed using this weapon prior to it's recovery.

True. The police around here use shotguns. Not that its any better, but its harder to kill a lot of people with a shotgun. Guess there are positives and negatives to guns eh?

Back