Ok... UK is getting outta hand!!

5.56X45mm

Milforum Mac Daddy
Man threatened with arrest at Heathrow for wearing Transformers T-shirt

An airline passenger claimed that a security guard threatened to arrest him because he was wearing a T-shirt showing a cartoon robot with a gun.

Brad Jayakody, 30, from London, said he was stopped from passing through security at Heathrow's Terminal 5 after his Transformers T-shirt was deemed 'offensive.'

The IT consultant was set to fly off on a business trip to Dusseldorf in Germany when he was pulled to one side.

Mr Jayakody said the first guard started joking with him about the Transformers character depicted on his French Connection T-shirt.

'"Then he explains that since Megatron is holding a gun, I'm not allowed to fly,' he said.

'It's a 40ft tall cartoon robot with a gun as an arm. There is no way this shirt is offensive in any way, and what I'm going to use the shirt to pretend I have a gun?

He was cooperative with the supervisor and took off the the 'offensive' T-shirt, replacing it with another shirt in his carry on luggage.

A spokesman for Heathrow operator BAA said: 'If a T-shirt had a rude word or a bomb on it, for example, a passenger may be asked to remove it.

'We are investigating what happened to see if it came under this category.

'If it's offensive, we don't want other passengers upset.'

He said there was no record of the incident and the passenger 'certainly didn't make a formal complaint at the time.'

News Link

Gee.... first the outlawing of guns, the rise in crime, and now certain T-Shirts are deemed by the Government to be naughty. Well, looks like 1984 and V for Vendetta! are alive in well in the UK.

What's next, a kid playing cops and robbers with a chicken finger is being kicked out of school for having a "gun". Oh wait, that's happened to. Except it happened on my side of the pond.

How exactly is that any different to this?

http://www.military-quotes.com/forum/airline-tells-woman-her-outfit-t43508.html

Seems ludicrous rules are exist all over the place and yes even in countries that haven't banned guns.

Or how about this one?

http://www.military-quotes.com/forum/man-kicked-off-flight-bush-t32151.html

Yep ludicrous rules exist all over the world so how about we agree that ludicrous laws exist all over the world and that the number of guns per capita has literally nothing to do with it no matter how much you try and make it so.

Last edited:
I got one. I got one here - now for a bit of real policing on our dangerous streets! Real hate crime!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rea-What-police-told-Christian-preachers.html

And here is a young boy who got no help at all on our dangerous streets. RIP :-

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-14-ran-pleading-help-gang-stabbed-death.html

Well just to appear heartless:
The first one I agree with the policeman and personally feel that people spouting any religion on any street corner are nothing short of annoying and those doing it on a street corner where they know they are going to piss people off is just plain stupid. Religion should be confined to the individual and not inflicted on others without their permission.

The second link well it sad but I am not sure what else the police could have done, its not like the police are everywhere nor is it likely that a kid of that age could have defended himself against his attackers even if he was armed. About the only thing I can say is that they would and should be good candidates for the application of the death penalty if found guilty.

Last edited:
at the OP's topic:

If you read the whole article, it says he was interrupted whilst speaking to some muslims. Now, the PCSO (police community support officer (placcy bobby)) was also muslim. Now, this muslim PCSO might have taken offence to the catholic priest talking to other muslims, and gone on a power trip. As the priests were seemingly having a level headed conversation with the muslim lads, what is wrong?
They knew what they were doing, and they knew the risks.

At the young lad stabbed:
It's an increasing reality on the streets today. Gangs and knives, walk hand-in-hand. And gangs are just getting bigger/more of them. I fear to walk the streets alone.

This is a key example of what happens when a government promotes an climate of fear.
People start seeing terrorists and terrorist plots everywhere.

MM - this is just not the case. In fact it is a nonsense in this case. We only refer to the terrorist activity that takes place. There ain't terrorist fear here, only anger. You forget, or never knew, Britain can take it. WW11 and IRA campaign slogan. People may think they can bomb us into submission - well, they can't.

Our government does not engender any fear at all over this, they have their heads stuck firmly where the sun don't shine and are in denial. The only fear they do engender is that of poverty for the poorest and weakest in our society, the old and the frail.

Listen to Insomniac, a young lad suffering the consequences of the loss of control on our streets. He lives with it, and seeks protection from the results of lack of motivation against crime by our authorities. It ain't all in the mind. It's a real tragic situation and youngsters die every day.

It is completely unacceptable, and to people who tell us that the police can't be everywhere, I say that it would be nice if for once they were out on the streets where they are needed, and not engaged on politically correct nonsense as per the examples we have seen on this thread.

The police can't be everywhere? Oh well - that's OK then!!!

Did you not see the report on here from the experienced policeman?

Last edited:
It is completely unacceptable, and to people who tell us that the police can't be everywhere, I say that it would be nice if for once they were out on the streets where they are needed, and not engaged on politically correct nonsense as per the examples we have seen on this thread.

Ok so lets fit this into 5.56's guns at birth philosophy...

1) If everyone everywhere was packing some sort of weapon would there still be murders?

Given all that history has taught us I suspect the answer is yes but if you can pull up a heavily armed "Utopian" society I am all ears.

2) If everyone at this particular incident was armed would the outcome have been any different?

Hard to say, but given that their reactions were not quick enough to stop the initial punch and subsequent attack I would suggest that they are even less likely to be faster than a bullet.

So apart from sciences failure to develop a teleporter so that the police can be everywhere instantly whats your answer?

- Maybe thousands more police to line the roads?
I guarantee you will be hear itching about taxes the following day.

This is one of the few times I am going to quote a politician but I think it applies to your way of thinking "it is very easy to fix the worlds problems when you know you will never be in a position to actually have to deliver on your words."

MM - this is just not the case. In fact it is a nonsense in this case. We only refer to the terrorist activity that takes place.

Tell that to Jean Charles de Menezes.

There is no doubt that political groups holding power have a great deal to gain at the expense of the public by instituting a climate of fear. Since 9/11 many new laws have been enacted that under normal circumstances would never have been given a second look. OK, so you say that special circumstances need special answers.

The questions now being,

(1) Are these new laws stopping or reducing terrorism?
(2) Is the information gathered being used for anti terrorism only?
(3) Will these laws be repealed when the perceived threat ceases?

My thoughts.

(1) I have seen no evidence, as yet I have not seen a case where suspected terrorists have been detected as a result of the new laws. Most of this has been achieved purely by the allocation of more resources to the police and security organisations, and the formation of dedicated investigators using normal policing methods. (phone taps, and physical observation)
(2) Knowing the past history of politics, I very strongly doubt that it is not being used for political ends.
(3) Once again, history would indicate that the laws will not be repealed, but merely put on the back burner, allowing those in power to retain their ability to spy on those of political or other interest.

Ok so lets fit this into 5.56's guns at birth philosophy...

1) If everyone everywhere was packing some sort of weapon would there still be murders?

2) If everyone at this particular incident was armed would the outcome have been any different?

1. Take that up with 5.56. He is punching his weight for America and their tradition. As for me - I am punching for UK re the murderous situation which we have been saddled with and which must be stopped now.

2. I am not arguing for more guns on the streets here, but since you ask I would suggest, very different. I am arguing for no knives and less murderous criminals on our streets. I am for stop and search.

- Maybe thousands more police to line the roads?
I guarantee you will be hear itching about taxes the following day.

You really must be joking - we are already damn well itching about taxes - screaming about them - we are the most stealthily taxed folk you will find.

Oh we have plenty of police, we pay for mucho plenty police- but we don't have them policing out streets. They are busy chasing on the spot fine for minor infringements and politically correct infringements and particularly money making schemes and target fillers. Burglary - Naah- they'd have to put it in their unresolved figures, because they don't bother with such trivialities. Small mobs attacking your home with bricks etc. - sorry, can't get there til tomorrow if at all.

This is one of the few times I am going to quote a politician but I think it applies to your way of thinking "it is very easy to fix the worlds problems when you know you will never be in a position to actually have to deliver on your words."

Hey there, don't pin your worn out cliches on what you ridiculously describe as my way of thinking. I don't work that way. But I know someone who certainly does - his monicker starts with a big M and ends with a big B.

I hereby bounce that ball back to you with reference to Geo Bush to name one example.

As for me, i am here dealing with my own situation in my own country, and not mouthing off regarding the issues others face.

It would be so nice if you could avoid arguing without insult. That shows a lack of strength, if you will forgive me for saying so.

Oh, and before you ask - No, I am not sparring for a fight!

AAH Seno,

At long last you are talking my language - I have been warning of the nature of our authorative mob of government pretenders since I arrived on this forum - remember?

One or two, one or two, one or two of you have constantly put me down for it. Remember, to pick just one example if only for its memorable title ' Come back George Orwell'.

Well you have here made one on my very favourite cases for me, very well indeed, and I thank you. The sooner we are rid of this crew the better, and I feel it will be sooner rather than later.

They are killing my country. See my response to MontyB above.

Last edited:
AAH Seno, One or two, one or two, one or two of you have constantly put me down for it. Remember, to pick just one example if only for its memorable title ' Come back George Orwell'.

Pardon,... what are you rabbiting on about? If you care to read the quoted thread, you will not find one solitary comment from me. Once again you are off on the wrong foot.

1. Take that up with 5.56. He is punching his weight for America and their tradition. As for me - I am punching for UK re the murderous situation which we have been saddled with and which must be stopped now.

2. I am not arguing for more guns on the streets here, but since you ask I would suggest, very different. I am arguing for no knives and less murderous criminals on our streets. I am for stop and search.

Great a convention of bantam weights.

Anyway I am sure those sentiments will win some support, throw in world peace an end to world hunger and the desire to work with disadvantaged children and you could even become Miss Universe.

Hey there, don't pin your worn out cliches on what you ridiculously describe as my way of thinking. I don't work that way. But I know someone who certainly does - his monicker starts with a big M and ends with a big B.

I hereby bounce that ball back to you with reference to Geo Bush to name one example.

As for me, i am here dealing with my own situation in my own country, and not mouthing off regarding the issues others face.

It would be so nice if you could avoid arguing without insult. That shows a lack of strength, if you will forgive me for saying so.
Are you sure you have the right person?
I am the only one of the two of us that has been laughed at on these boards for saying that while I personally don't like the guy and think that had he grown up in middle class family would have amounted to little more than a town drunk, he has had one of the hardest presidencies in the last 30 years to deal with.
So while he probably wont be rated as the best president in US history he probably wont be the worst either, although history isn't completely written yet and I am sure there will be more in a year or so.

So once more for the record I don't like him but I wouldn't want to be him and best of all he will nothing more than history in less than a year.

Perhaps you need to get your facts straight on this one.

As far as arguing without insult well as usual its a case of "Pot meet kettle, hes black", I have never been a fan of running from people who take cheap shots and then hide behind obfuscation.

Last edited:
My thoughts.

(1) I have seen no evidence, as yet I have not seen a case where suspected terrorists have been detected as a result of the new laws. Most of this has been achieved purely by the allocation of more resources to the police and security organisations, and the formation of dedicated investigators using normal policing methods. (phone taps, and physical observation)
(2) Knowing the past history of politics, I very strongly doubt that it is not being used for political ends.
(3) Once again, history would indicate that the laws will not be repealed, but merely put on the back burner, allowing those in power to retain their ability to spy on those of political or other interest.

Couldn't agree more.
The SYSTEM on the day of 9/11 didn't have that many flaws. It was the PEOPLE on the job who screwed up. It was caused by what we know as the element of surprise. All these new laws are only going to make things harder for us.
"Dissenter" can easily be classified as "terrorist." Say anything bad and you can get your privacy removed.

MM - this is just not the case. In fact it is a nonsense in this case. We only refer to the terrorist activity that takes place. There ain't terrorist fear here, only anger. You forget, or never knew, Britain can take it. WW11 and IRA campaign slogan. People may think they can bomb us into submission - well, they can't.

Our government does not engender any fear at all over this, they have their heads stuck firmly where the sun don't shine and are in denial. The only fear they do engender is that of poverty for the poorest and weakest in our society, the old and the frail.

Listen to Insomniac, a young lad suffering the consequences of the loss of control on our streets. He lives with it, and seeks protection from the results of lack of motivation against crime by our authorities. It ain't all in the mind. It's a real tragic situation and youngsters die every day.

Del Boy

The whole reason in your government and my government are in Iraq was because of a fear of a imminent WMD attack, this atmosphere of fear was promoted by government politicans (not the police) in order to exercise control over the masses. There are countless stories of wrongful arrest or detention by people who only had similar Arabic names or who skin was slighly tan. The Menedes tragedy, as Senorjekips pointed out was such an example. The terrorist alert system in the US was designed to keep Americans scared or to hide bad news that the government didnt want you to see.

As FDR once said all we have to fear is fear itself, and thats espicaly true if that fear is promoted by the government.

Senorjekips

Very well said. I fully agree, especially with #2.

Last edited:
Del Boy

The whole reason in your government and my government are in Iraq was because of a fear of a imminent WMD attack, this atmosphere of fear was promoted by government politicans (not the police) in order to exercise control over the masses. There are countless stories of wrongful arrest or detention by people who only had similar Arabic names or who skin was slighly tan. The Menendes tragedy, as Senorjekips pointed out was such an example. The terrorist alert system in the US was designed to keep Americans scared or to hide bad news that the government didnt want you to see.

As FDR once said all we have to fear is fear itself, and thats espicaly true if that fear is promoted by the government.

Sorry MM - we are talking of Britain and although we have a lousy government (see my response to Seno) we Brits are not ruled by fear, because we have seen it all before.

As I told Seno, we get angry only at real events of terrorism which have been actually inflicted upon us by those who pose a real danger.

Seno wrongly replies to this with 'tell that to Menendes'. Well, the Menendes tragedy makes my point exactly - it was the direct result of the London bomb attacks which killed so many of us a few days before on 24/7, on the buses and underground trains. It was occasioned by a real act of terrorism, not an imagined one. The Menendes case, sad tho' it was, supports my case in this respect.

If you are saying that our government uses the circumstances to impose further control over us, then I am your man, but don't let anyone tell me that the Brits carry imagined terrorist threat with them - we remain the most tolerant people in the world, and the response of our public has remained very controlled at all times, despite being sorely provoked by those who tell us how much harm they wish us.

When speaking of England, listen to me, read my links, I provide full backing for what I post on this subject. I do not relate it to America's situation at all, that is for Americans, who know their current position much better than I.

MontyB - to quote you

'Great a convention of bantam weights.

Anyway I am sure those sentiments will win some support, throw in world peace an end to world hunger and the desire to work with disadvantaged children and you could even become Miss Universe.'

What the hell is this nonsense all about? Is this what you call on-topic? You just cannot work without idiotic insult, can you? Is this the best you can do? I'll leave the cross-dressing to you, and unlike you I have no need of the support of the glee club.

Senojekips - to quote you:-

'Pardon,... what are you rabbiting on about? If you care to read the quoted thread, you will not find one solitary comment from me. Once again you are off on the wrong foot.'

Only rabbit in this case is you. I was not pointing out anything you had contributed to that thread, but pointing to my contribution OF the thread. Obviously you are not at all aware of that thread and its contents. Wrongfooted yourself there, old chap. Never mind.

Last edited:
Only rabbit in this case is you. I was not pointing out anything you had contributed to that thread, but pointing to my contribution OF the thread. Obviously you are not at all aware of that thread and its contents. Wrongfooted yourself there, old chap. Never mind.

Having said that, why then did you refer to a thread in which I played no part nor bothered to read when grizzling to me directly, (it was addressed to me) about persons putting you down. It has nothing to do with me or my interactions with you. So no I was not wrongfooted so of course I don't mind,... not in the least.

Senojekips - If you want prizes you need to comprehend!

Here is the post that you call grizzling. Ha!. No matter how you seek to confuse matters, here is the evidence that the opposite is true. I was merely complimenting you and thanking you for your post 10 which completely backs my position regarding our government as expressed in the thread referred to. I was pleased to see you agreeing and supporting my view.

By your own measure, you are the one 'rabbiting on' on this issue.

AAH Seno,

At long last you are talking my language - I have been warning of the nature of our authorative mob of government pretenders since I arrived on this forum - remember?

One or two, one or two, one or two of you have constantly put me down for it. Remember, to pick just one example if only for its memorable title ' Come back George Orwell'.

Well you have here made one on my very favourite cases for me, very well indeed, and I thank you. The sooner we are rid of this crew the better, and I feel it will be sooner rather than later.

I refer to 'come back George Orwell' as just one example of how your post 10 supports my views, as demonstrated on that thread. 'Remember my views' - get it? Nothing to do with whether you contributed on that particular thread or not; all to do with how that thread and your post 10 on this thread are complimentary. Thank you again.

How could you possibly fail to comprehend that post. It was one of celebration that you had seen the light. Why would I grizzle over tha? I loved it! Are you unable to recognise a big compliment?

Please note that I have responded to boorishness with politeness here.

Last edited:
The sooner many of the Countries in the World get back to applying common sense rather than political correctness then this stupidity will carry on. I am glad to see that Australia has shown some common sense in all this and I hope that their new government does not follow down the path in all this stupidity

Absolutely Le. The Australian model in these political matters seems to work. I understand that we are expected to fall in line with some of them, immigration issues for example.

Back