ok here is a weird one

Most influential

Actually, yes, because on further reflection I will stick to the Seven Years War, which led to the English dominated North Americas which led to the American Revolution. If WW2 left basically the world dominated by Communist and non-communist nations, the beginning of the fall of colonialism and 3rd World nonallignment, the Seven Years War led to the ultimate spread of democracy. This was the major developementin the endingof the worldwide slave trade, something more pernicious than communism. Even colonialism had some good points in retrospect. Best JWC

Re: Most influential

melkor the first said:
Actually, yes, because on further reflection I will stick to the Seven Years War, which led to the English dominated North Americas which led to the American Revolution. If WW2 left basically the world dominated by Communist and non-communist nations, the beginning of the fall of colonialism and 3rd World nonallignment, the Seven Years War led to the ultimate spread of democracy. This was the major developementin the endingof the worldwide slave trade, something more pernicious than communism. Even colonialism had some good points in retrospect. Best JWC

Exactly how many people did it affect at the time or a few years afterword, what you meant by ultimate spread probably meant that many other factors contributed.

Desert_Eagle said:
wolfen said:
Desert_Eagle said:
behemoth79 said:
well you cant argue with WWII. short thread.

True on both things. I challenge someone to find a war more affecting.

Armagedon

An actual war that has happened

According to my mother Armagedon is happening now as we speak.
For myself I'd have to aggree that WW2 was the most affecting so far to date, my mother ( on the other hand) who can quote you every word , passage, verse, and page in the bible says that Armagedon has been going on for a long time now and we just don't know because we are all living the lie of the sinners world.
( needless to say the phone conversation I had with her that day gave me a MAJOR headace)
Also wasn't the cold war very affecting also?

wolfen said:
Desert_Eagle said:
wolfen said:
Desert_Eagle said:
behemoth79 said:
well you cant argue with WWII. short thread.

True on both things. I challenge someone to find a war more affecting.

Armagedon

An actual war that has happened

According to my mother Armagedon is happening now as we speak.
For myself I'd have to aggree that WW2 was the most affecting so far to date, my mother ( on the other hand) who can quote you every word , passage, verse, and page in the bible says that Armagedon has been going on for a long time now and we just don't know because we are all living the lie of the sinners world.
( needless to say the phone conversation I had with her that day gave me a MAJOR headace)
Also wasn't the cold war very affecting also?

cold war, yes very afftecting. Though there wasn't any actual fighting between the americans and the russia people. I do think that there were some smaller countrys around russia or somethings like that were affected with military force. yeah...

Maybe no actual fighting between us and teh Russians, but there were Soviet advisors in certain central American countries dureing the drug wars, and when I was on the Nimitz we came real close to cutting a russian tin can in half

If you are referring to WW2 as around 1932-1946 then no. However if it is WW2 from 1939-1946 then yes. However the Cold war was important but thier would have not been a Cold War if there was not an WW2 and there would not be a WW2 if the Great War never happened.

Ok then how about the American Revolution as the most affection ona world wide scale?
think about it, if America hadn't declared independence from England, Then we as a country would never have come out as the leader of the free world.

The question was, which war had the most extreme effect on those it affected. In which case several wars stand out. For example the Second Punic War. You can't argue that there wasn't a huge effect on the Carthaginians, as they largely ceased to exist afterwards. Or the Mongol and Hun conquests in Europe and several of the peoples they erradicated. The long and slow Byzantine-Turk war resulted in the destruction of the last remnants of the Roman Empire and the resulting flight of the Byzantine population to Europe. Even though the Turks were gracious as far as 15th century conquerors go.

A better question would have been what war has had the greatest effect on the greatest number of people; or the greatest effect on history.

PershingOfLSU said:
A better question would have been what war has had the greatest effect on the greatest number of people; or the greatest effect on history.

True.

I still think WWII, Jewish people were almost wiped out. The American Revolution didn't immediatly affect the world, just the British Empire

wolfen said:
Ok then how about the American Revolution as the most affection ona world wide scale?
think about it, if America hadn't declared independence from England, Then we as a country would never have come out as the leader of the free world.

I agree. The U.S. starting a revolution also affected other countries than just us and Britian. France helped out the americans and also our revolution gave the French the Idea to to a little number of their own. The American revolution started the French revolution and both wars added together had a very devastating effect. I also think that there were other countrys that decided to start a revolution based on our examples and the French.

according to written history, a huge battle was fought in China 4000-5000 years ago between two tribe-alliance leaders, Huang Di and Yan Di, the result was that Huang Di won and Yan Di agreed to combine the two people together and they became the founding fathers of Chinese civilization--- that is why Chinese call themselves Yan Huang (Yan Di and Huang Di)'s children....

and that battle creates the Chinese civilization, a sole civilization that still is a world power today,

a battle with great impact huh?

cokeisthebest said:
according to written history, a huge battle was fought in China 4000-5000 years ago between two tribe-alliance leaders, Huang Di and Yan Di, the result was that Huang Di won and Yan Di agreed to combine the two people together and they became the founding fathers of Chinese civilization--- that is why Chinese call themselves Yan Huang (Yan Di and Huang Di)'s children....

and that battle creates the Chinese civilization, a sole civilization that still is a world power today,

a battle with great impact huh?

true, and then china went on to do a lot of stuff. But still, did that really affect as many people as world war II did?

yeah, those tribe wars probably just fought between like thousands of people something, but it was really just like World War to the people during that time.

but I do agree that WW2 is definately the most influential war in maybe the recent couple hundred years.

Back