OK Gentlemen, its about that time... MOS Question

Im 17, and the National Guard enlistment bonuses are at an all time high. I've been talking to dad, and to a man that works for him who was an All-Source Military Intel. Analyst. I've been seriously considering military intelligence, but wasn't sure on what "division" I should go for. Does anyone have any expertise on the different fields? Strategic, All-Source, Imagery, Counter, Human, or Signals Intelligence.

I agree with BD. But from a civilian point of view, whichever you are interested in and qualified for, I can assure you that the equipment you will be using is the most advanced technology on earth. Good luck.

Yeah, I sent PJ a PM. Waiting on a response now...Im really excited about this...I mean...This is my life...Its all starting to kind of fall into place now. I just get a little overwhelmed when I think "This is it...Im FINALLY signing up."

Yeah, I sent PJ a PM. Waiting on a response now...Im really excited about this...I mean...This is my life...Its all starting to kind of fall into place now. I just get a little overwhelmed when I think "This is it...Im FINALLY signing up."

Remember.
Never quit.
Nobody likes quitters.
When you reach that point in your life when it feels like you got nothing left, dig deeper, don´t quit.
Also, quitting is contagius, make sure you stay away from quitters.

If you never quit you are bound for success nomatter what you decide to do.
Good luck in your future endeavors.

Oh and did I mention...Don´t quit.

//KJ.

Never give up, never surrender. My life's philosophy. Im going to do this...No if's and's or but's about it. I WILL be a soldier.

Yeah. I figure they have the lowest deployment rate, and because of my PACT program, my college is already paid for, so the money I would get towards college will go straight to my pocket...

post_new.gif
1 Day Ago Post 9 C/1Lt Henderson vbmenu_register("postmenu_319059", true);
Milforum Pivotman

Hehe just caught that. Nice one. So you are in it for the money eh? Nothing wrong with that. Just make sure that you don't wind up paying it back because you did something you weren't supposed to do.

Remember, a Recruiter is a salesman. He may not outright lie to you but he also may not tell you everything you need to know either. But good luck to you. I personally would use the money to further my education rather than put it in pocket.

Not just money. Though it is a big part...I just decided branch of service on money. Service itself is honor...pride...meaningfullness...duty...I want to give back to the country that gives so much to me.

Well Im going to stash money until ive paid for ALL of my college expenses...But the way PACT works, as far as i know, everything is paid except for room and board and books, as long as i stay in state. So I dont have far to go.

Update edit: Seems PJ doesn't want to talk to me...Anyone else have advice on the subject?

Last edited:
:m16shoot:HI GUYS MONEYS IMPORTANT BUT SOLDIERING IS ONE OF THE OLDEST PROFFESSION IN THE EARTH AND ONE OF THE NOBLEST.GIVE IT YOUR BEST AND YOU WILL EMERGE AS A BETTER HUMANBEING WITH A WIDER PERSPECTIVE OF LIFE.IF YOU DECIDE TO QUIT AFTER SOME SERVICE ,THE EXPERIENCE OF HAVING LIVED WITH GUYS FROM ALL OVER AND THE SITUATIONS YOU MEET AND CRISES YOU OVERCOME WILL ALSO EQUIP YOU TO LEAD LIFE AND HANDLE SITUATIONS BETTER. GO AHEAD, LIFE IS ALL ABOUT EXPERIENCES AND YOU WOULDN'T HAVE MISSED OUT MUCH AS BEING A NATIONAL GUARDSMEN YOU COME TO SAVOUR MIL LIFE AND ALSO MAINTAIN YOUR CIVIL VOCATION. BEST OF LUCK.:tank:

If you are in it for the money do not pick a job that sends you outside of the gate.

Again...I just chose the National Guard for the money...Military was a given. I want to serve. Didn't matter what branch. I just always figured I'd follow in dad's footsteps and join the NG.

Should I have smokehouse bacon or pancetta? Should I use Crest or Colgate? Come on Henderson, what suits you best? What suits your personality and your likes and dislikes? Do you want to analyse photos and look for the mole on Osama's ass cheek? Would you rather use non-traditional interrogation techniques extracting information from some Tango? Perhaps you would prefer to **** with the enemy's head and beat his intel guys at their own game? Only you can answer what is the best fit for YOU.

Thanks for that link bulldogg...I just found out that 2 years of service is required for CI agents...Well...Change of plans, I think I'm going to do HUMINT(human intelligence) for two years, then once I'm eligible for CI, I'll swap over to that. Hopefully this will put me in a good position for some fed. gov. work in the CIA/NSA/FBI etc. once I decide to get out.

Back