OK Gentlemen, its about that time... MOS Question

Thanks for that link bulldogg...I just found out that 2 years of service is required for CI agents...Well...Change of plans, I think I'm going to do HUMINT(human intelligence) for two years, then once I'm eligible for CI, I'll swap over to that. Hopefully this will put me in a good position for some fed. gov. work in the CIA/NSA/FBI etc. once I decide to get out.

Don't mean to rain on your Parade Henderson but ALWAYS have a back up plan. I am faced with getting out in a year and some change (if i choose to do that) and some of the jobs i would like to look at require me to apply for when i still have more than 365 days on my contract. This is something that i would not have known if i didn't have a back up plan. what are you going to do in two years when three are no slots open for that MOS? get out or change or what. Two years sounds like a lifetime away but if you consider it now you won't be making a last minute decision that affects the rest of your life.

If there's nothing for counter open at that time... I'll stick with Human...It's not the end of the world if i have to stay humint...I want to be intelligence. Because I plan(as stated above)some type of career in federal government security. Be it CIA, FBI, NSA etc. and Intelligence along with the top secret clearance that comes with it, would give me excellent qualifications.

I was an analyst for a few years back in the '80s. Personally, I do not believe it to be a good thing for anyone to become an analyst without at least a couple years prior experience in another field of military occupation.

Intell is all about perspective. If you've no experience to hook your perspective on, things can get real obtuse.

Lucky you Henderson for having the right citizenship. Never take that for granted. I had a South Korean one which is why the best military service I could do was for a foreign country.
And the fact that you're 17. Lots of time to screw up and recover.

Lucky you Henderson for having the right citizenship. Never take that for granted. I had a South Korean one which is why the best military service I could do was for a foreign country.
And the fact that you're 17. Lots of time to screw up and recover.
I thank the Lord every day for being born in the USA..."Lots of time to screw up and recover." And thanks for your support. ;)

If you're going intel and you plan on making a career out of it, your days of freebee screw upings ended around junior high.

Background investigations don't just go into your behavior and actions, but also those close to you and those who you associated with. The purpose is to establish you as constantly trustworthy.

About Counter Intel... Things may have changed, and I assume they have to at least some degree, but "back in the day", Counter Int rarely did much more than make camouflage nets and teach grunts how to properly camouflage vehicles.
In school, they learned how to pick locks, toss rooms and such too, or so I was told.

You probably want to think about staying well away from any interrogation type job. You'd be well trained in the laws concerning that activity as well as the legal techniques, but with the political environment building up around the rhetoric of the rabid left, any attempts at gaining info from terrorists is likely to be branded as torture, regardless.

You dont want to set yourself up to be sitting in the brig awaiting a kangaroo court set up to appease political headhunters.

If you're going intel and you plan on making a career out of it, your days of freebee screw upings ended around junior high.

Background investigations don't just go into your behavior and actions, but also those close to you and those who you associated with. The purpose is to establish you as constantly trustworthy.

About Counter Intel... Things may have changed, and I assume they have to at least some degree, but "back in the day", Counter Int rarely did much more than make camouflage nets and teach grunts how to properly camouflage vehicles.
In school, they learned how to pick locks, toss rooms and such too, or so I was told.

You probably want to think about staying well away from any interrogation type job. You'd be well trained in the laws concerning that activity as well as the legal techniques, but with the political environment building up around the rhetoric of the rabid left, any attempts at gaining info from terrorists is likely to be branded as torture, regardless.

You dont want to set yourself up to be sitting in the brig awaiting a kangaroo court set up to appease political headhunters.
No worries, I'm a good child.

You make a good point...Perhaps humint or imagery would be better suited for this time frame... But I've always thought of myself as good with people...Like, good with getting people to trust me with things they wouldn't normally give out to people.

Back