OK Gentlemen, its about that time... MOS Question - Page 2

--

May 30th, 2007  
Rob Henderson

Not just money. Though it is a big part...I just decided branch of service on money. Service itself is honor...pride...meaningfullness...duty...I want to give back to the country that gives so much to me.

Well Im going to stash money until ive paid for ALL of my college expenses...But the way PACT works, as far as i know, everything is paid except for room and board and books, as long as i stay in state. So I dont have far to go.

Update edit: Seems PJ doesn't want to talk to me...Anyone else have advice on the subject?
June 1st, 2007  
roverin

HI GUYS MONEYS IMPORTANT BUT SOLDIERING IS ONE OF THE OLDEST PROFFESSION IN THE EARTH AND ONE OF THE NOBLEST.GIVE IT YOUR BEST AND YOU WILL EMERGE AS A BETTER HUMANBEING WITH A WIDER PERSPECTIVE OF LIFE.IF YOU DECIDE TO QUIT AFTER SOME SERVICE ,THE EXPERIENCE OF HAVING LIVED WITH GUYS FROM ALL OVER AND THE SITUATIONS YOU MEET AND CRISES YOU OVERCOME WILL ALSO EQUIP YOU TO LEAD LIFE AND HANDLE SITUATIONS BETTER. GO AHEAD, LIFE IS ALL ABOUT EXPERIENCES AND YOU WOULDN'T HAVE MISSED OUT MUCH AS BEING A NATIONAL GUARDSMEN YOU COME TO SAVOUR MIL LIFE AND ALSO MAINTAIN YOUR CIVIL VOCATION. BEST OF LUCK.
June 2nd, 2007  
Big_Z

If you are in it for the money do not pick a job that sends you outside of the gate.
--
June 2nd, 2007  
Rob Henderson

Again...I just chose the National Guard for the money...Military was a given. I want to serve. Didn't matter what branch. I just always figured I'd follow in dad's footsteps and join the NG.
June 14th, 2007  
Rob Henderson

Another edit/bump. I just took the ASVAB... 78. Should I go for counter intelligence?
June 14th, 2007  
bulldogg

Should I have smokehouse bacon or pancetta? Should I use Crest or Colgate? Come on Henderson, what suits you best? What suits your personality and your likes and dislikes? Do you want to analyse photos and look for the mole on Osama's ass cheek? Would you rather use non-traditional interrogation techniques extracting information from some Tango? Perhaps you would prefer to **** with the enemy's head and beat his intel guys at their own game? Only you can answer what is the best fit for YOU.
June 14th, 2007  
Rob Henderson

Probably not the best choice of words on my part... I apologize... Better phrasing: Is that a good score for intel.?
June 14th, 2007  
bulldogg

Might as well start now... knock out 25 for inattention to detail. If its important enough to open your suck its important enough to get it right. Trust me, your ****-ups will get more painful, learn now.

Quote:
(16) Have an ST score, of 105 or higher.
http://usmilitary.about.com/od/enlistedjobs/a/97b_2.htm
June 14th, 2007  
Rob Henderson

Thanks for that link bulldogg...I just found out that 2 years of service is required for CI agents...Well...Change of plans, I think I'm going to do HUMINT(human intelligence) for two years, then once I'm eligible for CI, I'll swap over to that. Hopefully this will put me in a good position for some fed. gov. work in the CIA/NSA/FBI etc. once I decide to get out.
June 15th, 2007  
bulldogg

Now you're cooking with gas. Get 'er done!