Oil Oil Oil

T Boone is right!

I drove a Natural Gas propelled taxicab for more than 5 years.
Engine maintenance was far easier as they ran smoothly with far less problems in all systems. The performance was absolutely no difference from gasoline-fueled engines.
Fueling was a bit different and self-fueling isn't recommended. It takes someone who knows what they're doing.
In addition, the safety factor was far higher - in spite of what someone might think about a large 40 gallon tank in the trunk. I know of absolutely no cases of a fire or explosion in any vehicle related to these tanks or the fuel system.

And, it's FAR less cheaper than gasoline and there are BILLIONS of gallons available right here in the USA!

YellowCab.jpg

Well, Belgians, Germans and Poles has been driving on natural gas for years, some 20 years or more, and it works fine.
Can be a bit tricky to start the engine in cold weather, but still works.

The electric propulsion is a dead end track though, at least untill we find some brand new battery technology.
I'm more in favour of bio-diesel myself.

We are using oil from Iraq now. And Turkey is using the most expensive oil troughout the world. 4.5 TL (2.50 $ possibly). Edit: for 1 litre

And Americans destroyed our tech developments. We built our own car (Devrim - revolution), %100 Turkish, our own plane %100 Turkish (and sold it to Holland)

And what happened then? They said, "we'll give you some money and military protection from Soviets, but you are gonna close these factories."

And my country (we are really talented at creating exellent and/or terrible leaders) accepted. They enslaved us and prostutited our natural sources to the west. That so-called leaders...

Fags.

We are using oil from Iraq now. And Turkey is using the most expensive oil troughout the world. 4.5 TL (2.50 $ possibly). Edit: for 1 litre
The market price of oil is the market price of oil, the difrerence in prices, nation to nation, is taxes.

The market price of oil is the market price of oil, the difrerence in prices, nation to nation, is taxes.

Damn right it is, and we as a self sustained oil-producing country have fuel-prices 4xUS prices...ironic isn't it? :bang:

There is nothing like a region wide conflict to drive up the price of oil. In the United States, the prices of gasoline are reaching historic highs. Once again we have to ask where do we go from here.

Of course some people had some foresight on this issue. John Kerry and Ross Perot supported a 50 cent gas tax after the 1st Gulf War with all proceeds going to development of alternative fuel technologies. Of course gas was $1 a gallon and 50 cents would cost the society too much. Man we are dumb.

Where do we go from here. Our government has done little to start solving the oil issue and trust me it will be a major issue. At least the government raised the fuel efficiency.

Any thoughts?

Since you asked. What about staying friendly with the States sitting on the oil instead of pissing them off by running errands for another, very minor, totally unimportant State.....no names mentioned....​

Since you asked. What about staying friendly with the States sitting on the oil instead of pissing them off by running errands for another, very minor, totally unimportant State.....no names mentioned....​

Carefull now, you don't want to rock that boat... :hide:

Oh by the way..."historic height"... :rolleyes:

Back