Ohio Judge Pictured With Che and Obama Posterin Office

I should be shocked that 5.56 would provide baseless accusations with no supporting evidence.

But since thats all he has been doing in every thread for months, somehow I'm not too shocked.

Obviously he has not yet grown up enough to debate like an adult, instead he simply says his point of view then covers his ears. Shows how strong someone's convictions are if you cant even debate them well.

Here is my answer

The difference with this story is that the Guy is a Judge. a Position of power and legal authority. A Position in which he must be impartial and yet he has a large poster of Che. Next to that is a large poster of Obama.

Judges should not show their political opinions in their chambers and offices. There is a difference between private and public. Judges are public service. Bad idea for him to do that. What does it say to the public he is supposed to serve?

I'm a George Bush supporter and a John McCain Supporter yet I don't have any of their bumper stickers on my patrol car. I don't mix my public life with my private life. I can't.... I'm a police officer and a public servant.

That's what I'm getting at. The Judge is a Public Servant just like me yet he has in his chamber (Public Office) a large poster of Che (Communist Butcher. He did kill a lot of people) plus a large poster of Obama (Candidate running for public office). Sorry but I as a police officer cannot in anyway promote any political opinions or beliefs while I am in uniform or serving the public in any fashion. Basically if I'm on duty I can't talk politics. No Bumper Sticker, No signs, No Posters, nothing.....

A Judge is a Law Enforcement Official and a Public Servant. He must be as indifferent as I when we perform our official duties. By having the posters he is breaking the cardinal rule. Whether it is a poster of Che and Obama or Franco and Bush. It doesn't matter. Doing so in PUBLIC OFFICE is a no-no both morally and in some cases legally.

As a Judge he must be Indifferent as I when we do our jobs. Those posters say otherwise.

Here is my answer

I'm a George Bush supporter and a John McCain Supporter yet I don't have any of their bumper stickers on my patrol car. I don't mix my public life with my private life. I can't.... I'm a police officer and a public servant.

That's what I'm getting at. The Judge is a Public Servant just like me yet he has in his chamber (Public Office) a large poster of Che (Communist Butcher. He did kill a lot of people) plus a large poster of Obama (Candidate running for public office). Sorry but I as a police officer cannot in anyway promote any political opinions or beliefs while I am in uniform or serving the public in any fashion. Basically if I'm on duty I can't talk politics. No Bumper Sticker, No signs, No Posters, nothing.....

A Judge is a Law Enforcement Official and a Public Servant. He must be as indifferent as I when we perform our official duties. By having the posters he is breaking the cardinal rule. Whether it is a poster of Che and Obama or Franco and Bush. It doesn't matter. Doing so in PUBLIC OFFICE is a no-no both morally and in some cases legally.

As a Judge he must be Indifferent as I when we do our jobs. Those posters say otherwise.

It does not say in his chambers, it says "in his office". This could mean any number of things, but one thing is likely, it isn't in the courtroom. This could mean that he has an office in a large judicial building where he has these posters. Its like punishing a cop if he has stickers in his locker or anywhere inside the police only area's of the station. This was not the place where he does his public work. Could he have taken the pictures at a better place? Maybe. But how many of the public go into a judge's office.

And I hate to say it, but everything we do sends messages. He was stating his support for people xyz. If you go out in the morning with a cup of starbucks coffee, you are supporting starbucks in an official capacity. This begs the question of how far you are willing to take things like this? Is supporting certain corporations officially better then supporting individuals?

And I hate to say it, but everything we do sends messages. He was stating his support for people xyz. If you go out in the morning with a cup of starbucks coffee, you are supporting starbucks in an official capacity. This begs the question of how far you are willing to take things like this? Is supporting certain corporations officially better then supporting individuals?

You are spot on with this, it is also amusing to me that those in this thread who are offended by this incident are the very same ones that go on about evils of political correctness.
At which point does individuality get trumped by the possibility of causing offence?

Last edited:
Back