Oh no! Not another Aussie! Hide!

ozmilman

Heyyy people,

Right, first off i have no military experience except from stories told to me about my grandfather's time as a combat engineer during WW2. (But that's not experience at all is it, d'uh)

I DO however have 17 years martial arts experience, live on a farm, love firearms/knives/swords/things-that-go-bang-boom-crash and ABSOLUTELY ADORE anything military. I spend hours in army surplus stores just staring at scratched old 30Cal ammo boxes. Just yesterday i was in my local store and bought myself a "Rambo" style survival knife. Urgh what a horrible movie. Damn good book though!

Instead of going into the army as a Combat Engineer like my Pop, i chose at the last minute to go to university and now have a Degree in Humanities, double majoring in English and History.

Because of my un-armed combat training i decided it was time i concentrated more on firearms (legally of course, with a licence and a sporting permit). I've been around farms and rifles all of my life and i know how to use Stirling .22, Magnum .222, Hornet and 12 Gauge Shotguns - but mainly just your smaller calibre bolt action rifles.

I have a good deal of experience with simple weapons like knives, throwing knives, and improvised weapons too...

I look forward to chatting to you all.

Rich.

Welcome to the forums Rich. :)

Where in Australia are you from?
(if you don't mind sharing...)

Welcome, as red asked. I have relatives donw under! :D

Love Australia, just not too found of all those deadly animales you got down there :eek:

Love Australia, just not too found of all those deadly animales you got down there

Pffft, they're not dangerous.
SayAh.JPG

croc-Ozphoto.jpg

They're just misunderstood

oh, and Ozmilman, howz it goin.

Oh, I see it's nice down under. Welcome to the forums from the other side of the world.

welcome!!

Koala%20xsmall.JPG

now thats one of the ones that is veeeeery dangerous!!!
the others, pfft, overrated!!! :lol:

Thanks guys.

I live about 20km from the border of New South Wales and Victoria, on the New South Wales side, right near a place called Albury. My computer time is usually pretty limitted because most of the time i stay with my girlfriend at her place in town and only spend one or two nights home each week, but she caught a cold and was up all night coughing so i decided to come home tonight and get a good sleep instead of being tired at work.

Urgh, Koala's aren't as cuddly as they pretend to be, not like that cute little great white shark and that ever-so-adorable man-eating crocodile.

Rich

Those koalas can be nasty bastards if they want to be, we get the big bloody bull ones travelling through our property in Adelaide and the dogs go nuts at them, but the koalas give as good as they get. And when they growl it sounds like a bloody polar bear being killed with a jack hammer. Nothing cute about them

Back