oh the HYPOCRISY

redlegs44

i really don't get a lot of news, but from what i have been seeing, does the media care more about the bad guys in iraq than it does our own troops. Watching CNN-jazeera, i've noticed that this whole prisoner abuse scandal is the headline on the TV, about how we are evil and inhumane and such, and people are going to get fired. Then later, i hear from another troop that a US contractor in iraq was taken prisoner, and beheaded. that's right BEHEADED. lopped clean off. no head. like chopping wood. that story only got one day's mention. WHY??? we haven't been lopping off heads in abu hajji prison, or putting prc-77s on genaltalia, or even killing people. Yet this is such a terrible event. The media holds the coalition to a higher standard, because we are so much more powerful than the iraqis, but why isn't mutiliation of civilians in iraq not as big a story. i am starting to think that the media is partial, doesn't want us to be over here, and will use their power of giving the news to their own agenda. i'm not stupid, i took a com class in college, i see what the media is doing. is anyone else angry about that? well, i guess this thread would be for the prison situation, what is the deal, why is it happening, how can we fix it.

Starting to realize? The media is another enemy. They are not on our side. They are literally trying to get us to lose the war.

Lopped clean off? More like sawed off with a knife. If you see the video of it (I will not post a link) you'll get sick to your stomach, both at what they did to the man and the reaction (or lack thereof) of the media. Its sickening. The only way is to regard the media as another enemy.

NO, actually Future Ranger Candidate....you should post it. I didnt get sick, I got mad dog mad. If you get sick or scared then maybe the Service isnt for you. But I do think people who serve or plan on serving should see what reality is....and reality is....vicious. I dont believe in protecting people from the truth. The truth isnt always words, it's vivid detail.
As for the Press....who in their right mind EVER believed the press was for the soldier? Maybe in some small town but the ONLY News Service that supports soldiers is FOX. The rest of them are staunch liberal democatic 2 faced hypocrites. Have I made myself perfectly clear? :evil:

I didn't mean sick as in barf sick. I didn't get that at all (blood and guts is nothing to me). I got mad too. Raving mad. I meant sick as in having a strong dislike. The kind of sick you get from people calling soldiers baby-killers and stomping on the flag. That kind of sick.

I didn't post it because its against forum rules.

I didn't get sick or scared at all. Nor did I cut my eye open or skinned my elbow to the bone.

EDIT: DIdn't mean for this to sound like I'm a surgeon. I'm a 14 year old kid.

Good call, Future, sorry, Abell, due to the varied age range here, we cannot allow something like that video to be linked to from this forum.
I wouldn't go so far as to say that blood and guts and death "mean nothing" to me, but I have had a lot of experience with it (not as much as some of you all, but a wee bit more than most college kids), and I have no illusions as to the viciousness of reality and what I am getting myself into.
I agree with you, Abell, that those who want to serve, especially in CA or CS capacities, should see what they are going to be exposing themselves to, but as I said before, with the 13, 14, and 15 year olds we have on this site, I don't think that this is the appropriate source for such visual lessons.

I didnt get sick, I got mad dog mad

I watched the Nick Berg’s murder video that the Political Correctness Office of the US media decided to hide from me, with the full support of the Anger Management Department of the What-Is-Good-For-US agency, and the funding from anti-Bush organizations. We were told that it was showing a “kinda-sorta” trial, that a scream was heard and the head of the victim shown…But actually, it shows animals cold bloodily slaughtering Nick and hacking his head off for long seconds in a pool of blood…

Yes. The savagery of the act and the screams will haunt me for a long time but certainly not longer than the anger and the hatred I now feel for these beasts.

Remember Pearl, Quattrocchi, Berg, the dragged US bodies in Somalia, the corpses hanging from a bridge in Fallujah and our soldiers executed or blown to pieces by roadside or car bombs. Remember our people jumping to their death from the burning towers. Remember the real face of the enemy before opening your heart; they will put a bullet in it!!!

uhmm

why do you think the military don't like the media? because they make the truth come out...if the media wasint in iraq the us cauld have easely nuked em... :roll:

We don't just go around nuking people!
We just need the embedded journalists we had for the fun part: the offense!
Where are the journalists now? Not with the foot patrols in Najaf! Not in a supply truck along Roadsidebomb alley! Not where a school is being rebuilt!
They sit on their wide behinds in a nice & secure hotel and wait for the dayly SITREPS or rush to a blast location for gory pixs...

Re: uhmm

Jtf2 said:
why do you think the military don't like the media? because they make the truth come out...if the media wasint in iraq the us cauld have easely nuked em... :roll:
The media aren't interested in the truth, they want news. That news has to be more, bigger, better, faster, dirtier, more shocking and newer than the competition's news, so that the ratings will go up and the network makes (more) money. It's a business. Viewers apparently want to see certain things, so the network runs it.

About ten years back an EL-AL plain crashed in an apartment building in Amsterdam. I wont bother you with the conspiracy and terrorism theories, but after that, there were several stories in the news about plane crashes and almost crashes. I looked up the stats a couple of years ago, and though there was an increase in airplane accidents in the news, the statistics didn't show an increase in actual accidents.

The Networks decide what's news and what's not, and their interest in all this is ratings (=money). That's that capitalism in action that the (US) military is defending against terrorists. Isn't that ironic? :?

Re: uhmm

Jtf2 said:
why do you think the military don't like the media? because they make the truth come out...

Go and do some service abroad, and watch the news while you are there, before you make comments like that.
I'm sure that you'll never write that again if you have seen how it really is....

1217 is very correct.
I've seen many examples of this during my time abroad, and I do NOt trust the medias coverage of war/conflicts anymore!

Eric said:
The savagery of the act and the screams will haunt me for a long time but certainly not longer than the anger and the hatred I now feel for these beasts.

Remember Pearl, Quattrocchi, Berg, the dragged US bodies in Somalia, the corpses hanging from a bridge in Fallujah and our soldiers executed or blown to pieces by roadside or car bombs. Remember our people jumping to their death from the burning towers. Remember the real face of the enemy before opening your heart; they will put a bullet in it!!!

Right, THAT is our enemy. Why don't the media understand?

What about that:

The media is not really our enemy; the media shows, broadcasts, publishes, advertises...what we, THE PEOPLE, want to see, read, hear, buy!
The media is a huge business in the business of staying in business...

We the Mo-ons (oooops, did I say that? :oops: ) make it happen!!!

About hypocrisy I could say that some of you guys are bit hypocrisy too.
What I mean is that when one american civilian is killed in Iraq it is ****in bid deal, but about month or two ago two finnish civilians also was killed in Iraq by bunch of muslim militants but I didnt saw that you guys did give a shit about it, so why should I give a shit if one american civilian is killed?

hc^patonki said:
About hypocrisy I could say that some of you guys are bit hypocrisy too.
What I mean is that when one american civilian is killed in Iraq it is f****n bid deal, but about month or two ago two finnish civilians also was killed in Iraq by bunch of muslim militants but I didnt saw that you guys did give a shit about it, so why should I give a shit if one american civilian is killed?

You mean "hypocritical."

I'm not sure where you got this arrogant and inflated idea that anyone cares at all what you (as you so eloquently put it) "give a shit" about. You are correct that two Finnish civilians have been killed in Iraq, along with many more American civilians, Brits, an Italian, a Canadian .. even the Dutch have representation of a civilian victim in Iraq. Since I do not speak for everyone on this board, and you seem to be addressing everyone - how do you know what I do and do not care about? I'm well aware of the civilans deaths over there. And you're right, in AMERICA to AMERICAN CITIZENS (some of them) it is a big deal when an American gets put on the chopping block despite his questionable character.

You shouldn't "give a shit," what's a little immature pettiness between innocent lives lost?

Yes that is propably what I meant, well my english isnt very good :cry:
But anyway the point was that when one american civilian is killed it is so big thing and lots of posts are sent, but when the victims are from other countries it seems like no one cares, because there is no discussion about it. Hope you got the point, like I said my english isnt perfect so it is bit hard to explain what I mean, well at least I tried ;)

You never made a post about it either did you? How do you know what our reactions would have been?
Anyway, you don't have anymore of a leg to stand on than usual, when an Italian civilian was murdered in Iraq, there was a rather lengthy discussion about it.

hc^patonki said:
But anyway the point was that when one american civilian is killed it is so big thing and lots of posts are sent, but when the victims are from other countries it seems like no one cares, because there is no discussion about it. Hope you got the point, like I said my english isnt perfect so it is bit hard to explain what I mean, well at least I tried ;)

I haven't heard about the two Finnish civillians that was killed in Iraq before you posted it here.. :?
The problem is that most countries news does only show when some of their own is killed or injured, and of course Amricans and Iraqis, since they are the major parts in the war down there..
But you are more than welcome to post all the news you want in the news forums, it would be great to get stuff from all over of the world.

Oh gimme a break Suomi how can you expect that ??

I mean there are 130,000 American soldiers in Iraq of course you simply get way more news about them. We all honor the death of anyone standing for THE cause, our common cause. We really do, I believe. But I mean one more Italian died two days ago in Nasiriyah, but I don't expect all the world to talk about it. Sometimes it suffices for me to know that if they knew about that, they would mourn with me. And I'm sure most of the people in this forum feels the same way about it.

Back