oh the HYPOCRISY

hc^patonki said:
About hypocrisy I could say that some of you guys are bit hypocrisy too.
What I mean is that when one american civilian is killed in Iraq it is f****n bid deal, but about month or two ago two finnish civilians also was killed in Iraq by bunch of muslim militants but I didnt saw that you guys did give a shit about it, so why should I give a shit if one american civilian is killed?
I personally didn't hear anything about that. My condolences.

Eric said:
We don't just go around nuking people!
We just need the embedded journalists we had for the fun part: the offense!
Where are the journalists now? Not with the foot patrols in Najaf! Not in a supply truck along Roadsidebomb alley! Not where a school is being rebuilt!
They sit on their wide behinds in a nice & secure hotel and wait for the dayly SITREPS or rush to a blast location for gory pixs...

we also need embedded journalists to test the air to see if the all clear signal can be given :oops:

i think that i have finally realized that the media is retarded. from being a college student in class to a US soldier in theatre, the change of perscpective is really there.

i've seen animals used for NBC detection as far as Gulf War 1 but I was not aware yet of the use of any D.D.J (Danger Detection Journalists) in modern conflict!
Does it work? :lol:

Well...

you guys have to admit the mistreatment of those prisoners were not right. I mean Americans government proud to display that it is a civilized force in this mdern age. It always preach democracy, human rights and personal freedom. And the concept can get regular citizen all bloated how good the system is.

well, at times, it needs someone to jolt us out of the trance. Media SOMETIMES can do that. And the media supposely not take sides and just tell the news. It works, SOMETIMES.

Eric said:
They sit on their wide behinds in a nice & secure hotel...

Heh heh... wide behinds... :D

hc^patonki said:
About hypocrisy I could say that some of you guys are bit hypocrisy too.
What I mean is that when one american civilian is killed in Iraq it is f****n bid deal, but about month or two ago two finnish civilians also was killed in Iraq by bunch of muslim militants but I didnt saw that you guys did give a abou , o why should I give a if one american civilian is killed?

1217: I personally didn't hear anything about that. My condolences.

...me either. It may never have been reported(Let's put on our surprised faces :shock: )!

Eric said:
I didnt get sick, I got mad dog mad

I watched the Nick Berg’s murder video that the Political Correctness Office of the US media decided to hide from me, with the full support of the Anger Management Department of the What-Is-Good-For-US agency, and the funding from anti-Bush organizations. We were told that it was showing a “kinda-sorta” trial, that a scream was heard and the head of the victim shown…But actually, it shows animals cold bloodily slaughtering Nick and hacking his head off for long seconds in a pool of blood…

Yes. The savagery of the act and the screams will haunt me for a long time but certainly not longer than the anger and the hatred I now feel for these beasts.

Remember Pearl, Quattrocchi, Berg, the dragged US bodies in Somalia, the corpses hanging from a bridge in Fallujah and our soldiers executed or blown to pieces by roadside or car bombs. Remember our people jumping to their death from the burning towers. Remember the real face of the enemy before opening your heart; they will put a bullet in it!!!

So what are you going to do about it ? As I remember CNN were rather pro war at the beginning.

I don't think the American public have the stomach for this kind of conflict. You will get out of Iraq and Afghanistan eventually.

We didn't go to Afghanistan nor Iraq to stay. Yes we will leave. This isn't a colonial type expansion.
No the American public does not have the stomach for war. No matter how many times you tell them people die they can't seem to fathom it.
The American public has once again become complacent since 9/11 and fails to understand that the threat is still very real.

03USMC said:
We didn't go to Afghanistan nor Iraq to stay. Yes we will leave. This isn't a colonial type expansion.
No the American public does not have the stomach for war. No matter how many times you tell them people die they can't seem to fathom it.
The American public has once again become complacent since 9/11 and fails to understand that the threat is still very real.

I suppose the big question is when the US forces will leave? When the American public gets sick of the whole business (4-5 years) or when the new Governments of Iraq and Afghanistan are looking rather stable (10-15years with lots of support and luck).

We will leave when the Goverments look "stabilized". We'll rotate our troops home just in time to load them up again when the two countries are objects of coups or the like and their "stable" goverments are overthrown.

As with any similar mission, the end-goal is to enable the nation involved (Iraq in this case), to not need outside intervention again. Whether they want us back or not is a difficult question considering that the majority of Iraqis are in favor of us being there.

Have you read about the latest intelligence reports on the likely outcomes in Iraq? They don't seem very positive.

What do you think boys?

I will be happier when we're no longer needed in Iraq, but Islamic Fundamentalists seem to want to keep us there for some reason. Why else would you constantly launch terrorist attacks? Just trying to lead the US to the conclusion: "nope, Iraq just isn't stable enough, better stay in".

Back