oh the HYPOCRISY - Page 2

--

May 18th, 2004  
Redleg

Topic: Re: uhmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtf2
why do you think the military don't like the media? because they make the truth come out...
Go and do some service abroad, and watch the news while you are there, before you make comments like that.
I'm sure that you'll never write that again if you have seen how it really is....

1217 is very correct.
I've seen many examples of this during my time abroad, and I do NOt trust the medias coverage of war/conflicts anymore!
May 18th, 2004  
Marksman

They always turn things up in use of one whose publicity i higher
May 18th, 2004  
Italian Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric
The savagery of the act and the screams will haunt me for a long time but certainly not longer than the anger and the hatred I now feel for these beasts.

Remember Pearl, Quattrocchi, Berg, the dragged US bodies in Somalia, the corpses hanging from a bridge in Fallujah and our soldiers executed or blown to pieces by roadside or car bombs. Remember our people jumping to their death from the burning towers. Remember the real face of the enemy before opening your heart; they will put a bullet in it!!!
Right, THAT is our enemy. Why don't the media understand?
--
May 18th, 2004  
Eric

What about that:

The media is not really our enemy; the media shows, broadcasts, publishes, advertises...what we, THE PEOPLE, want to see, read, hear, buy!
The media is a huge business in the business of staying in business...

We the Mo-ons (oooops, did I say that? ) make it happen!!!
May 18th, 2004  
hc^patonki

About hypocrisy I could say that some of you guys are bit hypocrisy too.
What I mean is that when one american civilian is killed in Iraq it is ****in bid deal, but about month or two ago two finnish civilians also was killed in Iraq by bunch of muslim militants but I didnt saw that you guys did give a shit about it, so why should I give a shit if one american civilian is killed?
May 19th, 2004  
RnderSafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by hc^patonki
About hypocrisy I could say that some of you guys are bit hypocrisy too.
What I mean is that when one american civilian is killed in Iraq it is f****n bid deal, but about month or two ago two finnish civilians also was killed in Iraq by bunch of muslim militants but I didnt saw that you guys did give a shit about it, so why should I give a shit if one american civilian is killed?
You mean "hypocritical."

I'm not sure where you got this arrogant and inflated idea that anyone cares at all what you (as you so eloquently put it) "give a shit" about. You are correct that two Finnish civilians have been killed in Iraq, along with many more American civilians, Brits, an Italian, a Canadian .. even the Dutch have representation of a civilian victim in Iraq. Since I do not speak for everyone on this board, and you seem to be addressing everyone - how do you know what I do and do not care about? I'm well aware of the civilans deaths over there. And you're right, in AMERICA to AMERICAN CITIZENS (some of them) it is a big deal when an American gets put on the chopping block despite his questionable character.

You shouldn't "give a shit," what's a little immature pettiness between innocent lives lost?
May 19th, 2004  
hc^patonki

Yes that is propably what I meant, well my english isnt very good
But anyway the point was that when one american civilian is killed it is so big thing and lots of posts are sent, but when the victims are from other countries it seems like no one cares, because there is no discussion about it. Hope you got the point, like I said my english isnt perfect so it is bit hard to explain what I mean, well at least I tried
May 19th, 2004  
Redneck

You never made a post about it either did you? How do you know what our reactions would have been?
Anyway, you don't have anymore of a leg to stand on than usual, when an Italian civilian was murdered in Iraq, there was a rather lengthy discussion about it.
May 19th, 2004  
Redleg

Quote:
Originally Posted by hc^patonki
But anyway the point was that when one american civilian is killed it is so big thing and lots of posts are sent, but when the victims are from other countries it seems like no one cares, because there is no discussion about it. Hope you got the point, like I said my english isnt perfect so it is bit hard to explain what I mean, well at least I tried
I haven't heard about the two Finnish civillians that was killed in Iraq before you posted it here..
The problem is that most countries news does only show when some of their own is killed or injured, and of course Amricans and Iraqis, since they are the major parts in the war down there..
But you are more than welcome to post all the news you want in the news forums, it would be great to get stuff from all over of the world.
May 19th, 2004  
Italian Guy

Oh gimme a break Suomi how can you expect that ??

I mean there are 130,000 American soldiers in Iraq of course you simply get way more news about them. We all honor the death of anyone standing for THE cause, our common cause. We really do, I believe. But I mean one more Italian died two days ago in Nasiriyah, but I don't expect all the world to talk about it. Sometimes it suffices for me to know that if they knew about that, they would mourn with me. And I'm sure most of the people in this forum feels the same way about it.