Oh China...

"you would have a better idea of where we are coming from" means you would understand our position better.

ee

yeah ,i know now ,i think it will be better for him not added my name in the end of the sentense......it is just the name of mine confused me .

or there will be a , better.

i know your position.

different educated background;different couyntry;different culture;different thinking .different experience.etc.

in fact it is normal in the world that there is confliction ,but abnormal when there is no confliction.

hope that only the cofliction can not divide us.

i think censorship itself happens in every country.both in china and other countries.but the only gap is that .when it happens in china it maybe very much,but maybe in other law-build countries only a little.

in fact ,china is very young in the modern days .i think it is very normal that there is something not good in the nowadays.but please believe that the people here will do better and better.and in fact we did do better and better in the past days.

we will do better and better.

you should not compare china as other developed countries,we are not standing at the same starting-line.

the modern thinking,the law regulated government,the modern science ,the democratic government ,etc are all unfamilier with us.in fact we begin to know them only about 100 years ago.and we begin to practise them in about 30years ago.for example USA has experienced them for more than 200 years.
i know that we lost a lot when in the old days ,i mean hundreds of years ago.
but now we are heading the good destination maybe...please give us time and believe that we will do better and better.

now i give my point first ::::i do not think the government of our country is very great and is very perfect ,in fact i know there is a lot of drawbacks of the government now .........

i am not satisficed with it ...

but i know that government it self doesnot egual to the people ,the commen people and the land and the culture.

also i do not think communism is good ,of cause not good.

as to the subject of captilism, i have nothing to say .

but i do know that commen sense will run a government ok.both captilism and communism are used as tools........

the government who will do better for its people is the government who is good enough..

government does not means people.still you can stain communism but you can not stain the people ,the commen people here.they are innocent and vrey great.

Last edited:
yingying said:
i think censorship itself happens in every country.both in china and other countries.but the only gap is that .when it happens in china it maybe very much,but maybe in other law-build countries only a little.

in fact ,china is very young in the modern days .i think it is very normal that there is something not good in the nowadays.but please believe that the people here will do better and better.and in fact we did do better and better in the past days.

we will do better and better.

you should not compare china as other developed countries,we are not standing at the same starting-line.

the modern thinking,the law regulated government,the modern science ,the democratic government ,etc are all unfamilier with us.in fact we begin to know them only about 100 years ago.and we begin to practise them in about 30years ago.for example USA has experienced them for more than 200 years.
i know that we lost a lot when in the old days ,i mean hundreds of years ago.
but now we are heading the good destination maybe...please give us time and believe that we will do better and better.

now i give my point first ::::i do not think the government of our country is very great and is very perfect ,in fact i know there is a lot of drawbacks of the government now .........

i am not satisficed with it ...

but i know that government it self doesnot egual to the people ,the commen people and the land and the culture.

also i do not think communism is good ,of cause not good.

as to the subject of captilism, i have nothing to say .

but i do know that commen sense will run a government ok.both captilism and communism are used as tools........

the government who will do better for its people is the government who is good enough..

government does not means people.still you can stain communism but you can not stain the people ,the commen people here.they are innocent and vrey great.

I understand what you mean, but if you find government did something no good, can you do anything to stop about it or let people know about it without any worries?

yeah i want to do a lot for the people here.it is my duty to do this,also it is the duty of every citizen here living in this land,but not mine alone.

in fact the people here had did a lot .especially the elite here .

we need time to do more things.

people knows the drawbacks of my government very clearly:::::
in the forum of our own ,they guys always arguing <democratic>,freedom of sometihngs,anti-defalcation.etc.

we will do better and better.......ok.

Last edited:
http://www.mrs.umn.edu/register/article.php?volume=17&issue=12&section=news&index=5

Tuesday saw the announcement of a new competitor in the increasingly crowded internet search field. The launch of Accoona (from "accoona matata" or "no worries," a phrase made popular by Disney's Lion King), complete with an appearance by former president Bill Clinton. The company had previously donated an undisclosed amount to the William J. Clinton Foundation. Technologically, the company promises a new search experience fueled by artificial intelligence software. Unfortunately, any technological improvements Accoona brings to the industry has been obscured by the company's association with the Chinese government, one of its larger financial backers. Accoona also has a twenty year exclusive partnership with China Daily Information Company, the government agency that runs official Chinese and English websites for the government.

Chinese censorship has been a hot topic lately, particularly in relation to search. Reports surfaced in September that Google's news search service was censoring stories from the results when the page was accessed from a computer in China. A Google representative later confirmed the essence of the report, stating that they did not filter the news, but would not return links to sites that are unavailable within China due to dead links. While internet denizens were largely shocked by the revelation, the reality is that Google is a multinational corporation trying to tap into one of the fastest growing consumer markets in the world, regardless of the heroic, almost biblical status often accorded Google by their worshiping throng of internet geeks. The People's Republic was later accused of blocking access to the English version of the Google News site in an effort to force users to use the localized (censored) version. The site was unavailable for at least ten days, and the official comment was limited to a statement by Google that they were aware of the problem and were investigating the causes. Censorship isn't limited to internet news either. China also banned a soccer game that depicts Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macau and Tibet as independent countries. China has threatened web sites that supply the game with fines of up to 10,000 yuan, and Cybercafes that allow patrons to download the title with fines of up to 15,000 yuan, or about $1,800.

Of course, censorship isn't a Chinese phenomenon. Iran has arrested five webloggers in the past two months. The first three were arrested on October 29, with the others arrested in November. They were arrested following postings critical of the government. One was arrested after repeated postings exposing harrassment in the city by members of the conservative movement. Two of his brothers were arrested earlier according to reports.

Even Americans suffer from censorship of a different sort. Sensitive news, such as the Abu Ghraib prison scandal, get an airing in Europe and Canada before American publications pick up the story. Political correctness also restrains the news Americans get, with publications choosing softer language over hard facts to please sensitive audiences. Despite access to world-wide news sources over the internet, many Americans still wear the blinders of mainstream news sources. Weblogs offer an increasingly popular source of alternative news, covering such underreported events as the arrest of two third-party presidential candidates at the second debate, and exposing a Bush service memo as an obvious fake, but they suffer from problems of credibility. Their most vocal detractors, such as CBS in a recent online posting, have also been ridiculed for poor journalism recently as well, but it still leaves readers left to fend for themselves.

This seems to cover many sentiments of the posts here in one shot.

ee

major liability said:
I hope the government doesn't read that yingying.
never mind, if they have read my words,there is still no problem with me.

in fact it is fashionable for the guys of us especialy the youth to curse the communism and the government....it is fashionable.......but we know that government and communism does not eguals to the people here.

just like you ,i that there is a lot of people in your country are not satisfied with BUSH,also we do not content with them .:dive:

they should have done better than they have ever done,

government should be acted as trhe servent of his people..

we want them to do more than they have ever done......

we are not satisfied with them....:spam2:

THIS IS A WARNING!!!

Here on the forums we have never allowed any country or government bashing in a disrespectful manner. So why is it that some members think they have a right to completely disrespect and diss a form of goverment? You have every right to disagree with any subject here at the forums. For the sake of your membership on the International Military Forums, you better present your opinion respectfully and
in an intelligent way.

Otherwise, you may join the rest of the hotheads in the hall of shame

Doody

it seems that i am so important a person that i have to read them twice.

it a very nice experience for me to be the VIP......

Last edited:
bulldogg said:
This thread is dealing with the ruling party of this country and its treatment of dissidents. It is not talking about economic policies and the exigencies thereof.
I think "communist" is just an unsuitable category to describe the policy of a country towards individual liberties, freedom of opinion, etc. Just take Saudi Arabia, they censor the internet too, there are no free elections, dissidents are put to jail. But they arent communist. Its just a "coincidence" that the countries that refuse their citizens the mentioned elementary rights are mostly communist, too.

But anyway, China fits in that aspect of communism, and it does in many other ways as you mentioned: single political party, the administration. Things like the seven gorges dam, a typical communist mammoth project.

Back