Oh boy I love Canada. /sarcasm

Rabs

http://edition.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/americas/12/27/canada.crime.ap/index.html

Finally near the end of the article a guy with some sense makes a quote.

John Thompson, a security analyst with the Toronto-based Mackenzie Institute, says the number of guns smuggled from the United States is a problem, but that Canada has a gang problem -- not a gun problem -- and that Canada should stop pointing the finger at the United States.
"It's a cop out. It's an easy way of looking at one symptom rather than addressing a whole disease," Thompson said.
I just find it strange that when canadians shoot (or stab, or beat) each other, its Americas fault. Welcome to 21st century anti-Americanism.

Canada blames US for gun violence.

Okay since we are playing the blame game.

I blame Canada for Skunked beer, and for people believing that small, round, tough pieces of ham are bacon.:twisted:

Canadian posties unable to step up to the task

Canada's post office is threatening to stop mail deliveries to a woman in Ottawa because her doorstep is 10 centimetres too high, the Ottawa Citizen newspaper reports.
Christine Charbonneau says that when she went to check her mail last Friday she found a Canada Post employee measuring her front doorstep.
He told her it was 30cm high - 10cm more than the maximum limit specified by building regulations.
"I said it was ridiculous to say that the step is too high ... Nobody else has complained," she told the newspaper.
Ms Charbonneau says her elderly mother-in-law and people delivering newspapers have no trouble making it to the front door.
A Canada Post spokeswoman told the newspaper that Ms Charbonneau has to reduce the size of the step to 20cm or move her mailbox.
Ms Charbonneau has dismissed the demands as outrageous.
- Reuters

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200506/s1381589.htm

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=+1]What Country Besides Canada Would NEED a Law Against Dwarf Tossing?
[/SIZE]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Yes, indeed. This is a REAL LAW
http://www.ontla.on.ca/documents/Bills/37_Parliament/Session4/b097_e.htm

[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Bill 97 2003
An Act to ban dwarf tossing
[/SIZE]
[/FONT][SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Her Majesty, by and with the advice and consent of the Legislative Assembly of the Province of Ontario, enacts as follows:
[/FONT]
[/SIZE][SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Dwarf tossing banned
[/FONT]
[/SIZE][SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1. (1) No person shall organize a dwarf tossing event or engage in dwarf tossing.
[/FONT]
[/SIZE][SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Offence
[/FONT]
[/SIZE][SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif](2) A person who contravenes subsection (1) is guilty of an offence and on conviction is liable to a fine of not more than $5,000 or to imprisonment for a term of not more than six months, or to both.[/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Commencement[/FONT]
[/SIZE][SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
2. This Act comes into force on the day it receives Royal Assent.
[/FONT]
[/SIZE][SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Short title
[/FONT]
[/SIZE][SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]3. The short title of this Act is the Dwarf Tossing Ban Act, 2003.

[/FONT]
[/SIZE][FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=+1]They TAX Recordable Media
[/SIZE]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1] To reinforce Government support of Canadian Content Laws, the Canadian Copyright Collective puts a levy on recordable media. This is meant to discourage Canadians from copying their Celine Dion CDs, videos, etc. by making most recording media uneconomical, and next year, the taxes are set to go up EVEN MORE. This follows the same logic that Canadians follow about smoking or other things they don't like, and pretty much everything they DO like : they TAX THE SHIT OUT OF IT. They don't care if you're going to use this media for some legitimate purpose, they just assume that you're going to rip your neighbor's Avril Lavigne CD and nail you with a big, fat tax. The only media that will be exempt from this tax next year will be cassette tapes under 40 minutes. They're so nice to give Canadians a break on completely obsolete technology in unusably small formats! They are also planning to put a tax on MP3 players at the rate of 21 dollars per gigabyte. So basically, a 30 gig Apple iPod, which is currently $749.00 Canadian (equal to $536US, which is already obscene because it goes for $440 in the US as of Aug1, 03) will go for $1379 Canadian. Hey, kids! Try asking your parents to get you one for Christmas! This is another reason to scoff at Canadian Government Control of Media. Canadians pay taxes which support their media, they go to the store and buy a cd with still more taxes on it, then if they buy a CDR to copy it, they pay EVEN MORE TAXES! So basically they pay big, stupid taxes to copy something they not only already own, but helped produce in the first place. Another thing that's funny is that so far, none of the money collected by these recordable media taxes has gone to Artists. Thus far, all of the money collected has gone to the Canadian Private Copyright Collective, which is just a lobbying group. So basically, the only people who have benefited by this tax are a bunch of greedy, evil corporate lawyers who give bribes to Canadian Government officials.[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Basically, the government just lets this PRIVATE organization call the shots. None of the money has actually even gone to the government through official channels, making the levies not even taxes in the classic sense. It's just free money for people who already have too much to begin with. No doubt the RIAA thinks Canada is peachy-keen![/SIZE][/FONT]

03USMC said:
Canada blames US for gun violence.

Okay since we are playing the blame game.

I blame Canada for Skunked beer, and for people believing that small, round, tough pieces of ham are bacon.:twisted:

Classic!

Canada is also the reason why there is a Gobal Warming Problem and the Coming of the Second Ice Age.

And lastly to qoute South Park... "They're not even a real Country Anyways!"

You lost the argument when you quoted South Park as your source.:wink:

In Miami, it's illegal for men to be seen publicly in any kind of strapless gown.

In England there is still a law that you can kill a Welshman, but it has to be with a longbow and in the grounds of Hereford Cathedral.. thats why I do not attend church... you never know.

I watched Myth busters on Discovery last night and they had this episode where there was a myth of Canadians trying to cross the US border by catapult. Only they did this with a mobile catapult capable of shooting a grown Canadian 220 yards with a speed of 100 mph. The myth was busted, but I had a funny thought on Canadians though :)

There are many Canadians that I admire and respect, and a few that I loathe. But I never thought of them as catapult ammunition!:?: :?: :?:

As for American guns being smuggled into Canada, and creating a problem, bull:cen: !!! But perhaps it is time that some of the more liberal politicians in Canada realized that an armed society is a polite society!:9mm:

And if they want to cross our border, they simply walk or drive across, because they have always been welcome here, and as far as I am concerned, always will be.
:p

Back