Offtopic: "China threat", economy and western inve

EuroSpike

"I read BusinessWeek's previous issue last night and according to an American Journalists writing insights, he believes that one area that remains underreported is acknowledging China is currently "clawing" its way up to become a technological superstate and might overtake the US if not, equal in strength."

China is coming up and its going to form a real threat to USA and EU in economics, manufacture and technology. Chinese themselves can't alone do a sh*t but cheap copies (remember my norinco case) but western investments and corporations manufacturing moving to China will bring them modern technology and profession along with education and research abilities.

Bad thing is that all is taken out from EU and USA and causes unemployment in both areas and decrease of manufacture and wellfare. Western countries can't compete in manufacturing cost, cheap labour and number of manufacture but quality is the strongness, temporarily.

A very good friend of mine now works at Zhuhai China as a assistant, advisor, instructor, and manager at a plant, producing, developing, and maintaing Jet-Propulsion engines.

After our long-distance phone conversations one year ago, I asked him if he will return to Germany...and his response was: he was already assimilated into the Local Zhuhai neighborhood and he was brave enough to called it his home. He had no choice but to remain in Zhuhai in order to be employed at the high ranks of the corporation. Just remember, he is the manager of the entire plant.

Sooner this Summer, I'll have to travel to China to meet him in person and it's an oppurtunity to take a glimpse at this..."China Threat" most people are talking about.

"Just remember, he is the manager of the entire plant."

That is quite engaging job. He has the responsibility for the plant.

Sooner this Summer, I'll have to travel to China to meet him in person and it's an oppurtunity to take a glimpse at this..."China Threat" most people are talking about.[/quote]

Yeah, one of my friends was working in China. To buy a one fuc**** CD-plate he needed three pieces of signed and stamped licenses. Wtf???

""China Threat" most people are talking about."

I know. That thing is the most talked thing here too. That may form a real threat to us all living in Europe. Where to get people jobs if all manufacturing is moved to China and other cheap labour countries?

Well the American economy has been shedding away manual labor jobs since the 50s. The new American doctorine is to put everyone through college because in the new world Economy Intellectual Property is going to be the comodoty that is going to be valuable as machines will do all the manual labor.

That is why in 2004 both candidates offered warm words to the steelworkers and such that where hit hardest by the reccession, but offered no 'real' plans for help because both of them know that their jobs are fast becomming obsolete and for the good of the American economy there is nothing that should be done to stop that.

Where the world economy has hurt the U.S. the most is in sectors like the computer programming and IT jobs that got outsourced to India because the theory is that Americans should be so smart they should be fixing everyone else's problems not them fixing ours.

(Yes, that last paragraph was written in self-depricating comedy about American egotism ;) )

Whispering Death said:
Well the American economy has been shedding away manual labor jobs since the 50s. The new American doctorine is to put everyone through college because in the new world Economy Intellectual Property is going to be the comodoty that is going to be valuable as machines will do all the manual labor.

That is why in 2004 both candidates offered warm words to the steelworkers and such that where hit hardest by the reccession, but offered no 'real' plans for help because both of them know that their jobs are fast becomming obsolete and for the good of the American economy there is nothing that should be done to stop that.

Where the world economy has hurt the U.S. the most is in sectors like the computer programming and IT jobs that got outsourced to India because the theory is that Americans should be so smart they should be fixing everyone else's problems not them fixing ours.

(Yes, that last paragraph was written in self-depricating comedy about American egotism ;) )

Worse thing for american programmer if an indian will programm computers cheaper. Automation is answers to labour need and modern machines often need only 1/2 or 1/3 labour of obsolete manual ones, and for that can't blame "China threat". Manufacturing plants just need less workers than in past.

What kind of school is college? What graduations will graduate from college?

Cabal about my edication, i am going in a high-school where you need a pretty high avarege to get in.

"yes, dont know what it is in english."

You are quite old to go high school. Have done ammattikoulu earlier or what have you done after compherensive school? Hard to get any job without education.

EuroSpike said:
"yes, dont know what it is in english."

You are quite old to go high school. Have done ammattikoulu earlier or what have you done after compherensive school? Hard to get any job without education.

What, i have fineshed 9th grade and when i i went to lukio when i was 16 , i am 17 now..

"What, i have fineshed 9th grade and when i i went to lukio when i was 16 , i am 17 now.."

Oh, i thought you older, maybe around 20years or something.

Back