OFFICER DOWN

5.56X45mm

Milforum Mac Daddy
Today was the worse day in my life. I responded to the worst call a cop can respond to. OFFICER DOWN. Four Miami Dade County PD officers were shot, one was killed. I was one of the first units to arrive. It looked like a war zone. One officer was missing half of his head, the others were bleeding and screaming in pain. Searching the area for the killer was an extreme drain on my nerves. The killer used a rifle on the officers, our vests were like paper. Searching house to house was one of the most scary things I have done in my life. Before I arrived on the scene I asked the Good Lord to watch over those that were there and also for those that were arriving. I then asked my partner if he had the shotgun in the trunk of the patrol car.I truly thought that I might not make it home when I was driving to the scene. So I figured might as well make my peace with God now and get ready for a can of firefight.

In the end, today has sucked...

A very sad day Luis, and I'm really sorry to hear about it. Was the shooter apprehended?

No doubt the thoughts of all our forum members are with the families and friends of those involved.

Last edited:
A very sad day Luis, and I'm really sorry to hear about it. Was the shooter apprehended?

No doubt the thoughts of all or forum members are with the families and friends of those involved.

No, the bastard is still out there.

Thanks

He was just killed by my brothers in blue at 305 SW 85th AVE. Pembroke Pines FL. Miami-Dade County SRT killed him in a second gun battle in an apartment complex at the above listed location.

Dead at 11:45PM EST September 13th 2007!

Now my brother in blue can R.I.P.

Last edited:
Being a few hours north of there, I heard about the situation as soon as the news found out. Absolutly terrible incident, and he got less then he deserved.

My condolences to the familys and friends of the killed and wounded officers.

He was just killed by my brothers in blue at 305 SW 85th AVE. Pembroke Pines FL. Miami-Dade County SRT killed him in a second gun battle in an apartment complex at the above listed location.

Dead at 11:45PM EST September 13th 2007!

Now my brother in blue can R.I.P.

Sounds like good news.... :9mm:

Oh well, they saved the community the cost of an endless trial, reviews and execution. the money saved should be donated to the fallen officer's family.

Good riddance!

Luis, glad you're ok. Sorry this happened. Happy they bagged this ******* before he hurt anyone else. Stay safe and remember there is NOTHING routine in your job.

That, is not good to here. I have never had any thing against police, of course, I have never had done anything that collides with the law.

I feel bad replying to this thread, there is not much I can say. I will look at officers more seriously now, since, they do there part well to protect the citizens of this nation, one community or state at a time.:salute:

Today was the worse day in my life. I responded to the worst call a cop can respond to. OFFICER DOWN. Four Miami Dade County PD officers were shot, one was killed. I was one of the first units to arrive. It looked like a war zone. One officer was missing half of his head, the others were bleeding and screaming in pain. Searching the area for the killer was an extreme drain on my nerves. The killer used a rifle on the officers, our vests were like paper. Searching house to house was one of the most scary things I have done in my life. Before I arrived on the scene I asked the Good Lord to watch over those that were there and also for those that were arriving. I then asked my partner if he had the shotgun in the trunk of the patrol car.I truly thought that I might not make it home when I was driving to the scene. So I figured might as well make my peace with God now and get ready for a can of firefight.

In the end, today has sucked...
The worst day of my life cannot possibly begin to compare to this. Feel for you man!

It's a real travesty that when some like this ... [no word foul enough in existence] ... is finally found, that the cops can't just put him (or her) down like the rabid dog they are. The fact that this one was shot and killed is just a lucky thing.

Last edited:
There are many funds being set up for the family of the slain officer. POAT. PBA, FOP, etc....

We just had the service for the slain BSO Sheriff Deputy SGT Chris Reyka. That was a hard hitting one but it was not personal to me. I felt a sadness but I did not in anyway take part of that shooting. It was a county and a half north of me. This one sadly will more then likely bring me to tears because of my involvement.

In the end, some bit of peace will come. Even to the family of the slain officer. At least they know they their killer was brought to justice. Sadly, SGT Chris Reyka's family is still waiting for their justice.

Since the news came out that the killer was brought to justice. A large weight was lifted from mt shoulders. I was finally able to go to sleep at 1am last night.

Still had a nightmare or two but I do feel better... Now I must stand strong for Officer Jose Somohano's family and friends.

Relax Luis, take pride in the fact that you have done everything in your power to help and there is no way that you could have prevented any of this.

It is a hard lesson, but you will go forward having learned from this experience. Of course you do have a debt of gratitude to both of your comrades, as the lesson you have learned may one day save your own life. We all just hope it never comes to the point where you need it.

Back