Officer, anyone?

Mwashu

Word. I'm trying to get into West Point. I've decided I want to be a pilot. I was wondering if there's anyone out there who might be able to give me some sort of idea of what it's like to be an pilot officer or just an officer in general.

Well....I wouldn't know what it's like for Pilot Officer, but I am doing Officer Training right now for the Canadian Forces. I know that US Army and CF officers probably go about things differently, but there is one thing that remains common.

In order to be a good leader, you have to first be a good follower.

This means exactly what it says. You do your job and the people under your command will do theirs.

Either way, I wish you the best of luck getting into West Point and maybe I'll see you soon during the annual Hockey game between WP and RMC. (Where I am)

well its unusual but i have neve heard of a army pilot and an officer combination with the exception of rotary wing aircraft. Most of those are handled by warrant officers...i guess there are exceptions to the point.

anyone else got some info on this? i imagine theres some west point ring knocker out there some where thats a pilot... :D

Back