Off to the 101st Airborne (Air Assualt) Division

Duty Honor Country

After dealing with 2.5 months of MEPS red tape (it is a pain in the arse to go back in as prior service), I have finally got my orders for active duty. On OCT 4th, I leave Ft. Living Room and report to Ft. Campbell as SGT Doody. The wife left for AIT on monday and will meet up with me in December.

I hear that there is some restructuring going on at Ft. Campbell. I'll let everyone know how the Division is changing. After the 28th, I'll be out of the loop for a few weeks while I get situated. Since my wife is in AIT, I am going to reside in the barracks. I must be careful since I am a married man now. ANYWAYS, I'll have my hands full getting my college done so I can become an officer in the Artillery like Redleg :rambo:.

I'll see everyone around on the forum

SSG Doody

Nice... :D

Good luck, and please give us some sitreps when you have time..

Once again, I must thank you all because you all kick arse

SAINT said:
I'm sure you'll be a good officer and gentleman..

Are you trying to butter me up? THat's the nicest thing someone's said to me in a while.

Well, this is my last night online. Tomorrow the phone and internet get shut off. On the 5th, I am rolling off to Ft. Campbell to actually have a decent job again :rambo: Expect me back online sometime in late October.

I am going to miss chatting about the world's problems with everyone here. But when I come back online, I am sure I will be pretty of topics for me to state my opinion about. I'll write my final post in a few hours

Cheers

SSG Doody

Be sure to drop by with some updates when (if) you can find some time!

Good luck, and have fun! :D

Alright ladies and gents,

It is time for me to depart. To the mods, keep the peace and yes, you are fair. To Chocobo_Blitzer, keep up the good fight. You and I seem to have the same views on the world. To aussiejohn, I am looking forward to one of our chats on world affairs. To the rest of you all, I may not agree with everyone, but I thoroughly enjoy discussing various topics with you. The forum would be quite dull if everyone agreed on everything. I leave you with these worlds.

"Don't be dismayed at good-byes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again. And meeting again after a moment or lifetime is certain for those who are friends."

Stay safe and God Bless

SSG Doody

Back