Odd Military Trivia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Conley

Well, everyone else had a trivia posting i finally got enough Milbucks in my bank account to support a trivia game: D

This is where I will post my type of weird service realted trivia questions: its going to cover all the services of the US Military so everone can get a chance. The first, reliable and correct answer posted will have the 10 milbuck reward. Given of course, as as a donation.

The first official question (drum roll please):

For those that love the US Marine Corp:

Here are two questions that only a diligent person who studys Marine Corp traditions can answer:

1. Other than the colors used, and the fine attention to detail of the Officer Badge itself: What is the main difference between the Enlisted and Officers Hat Badge? ( This is the round, white hat that them Marine wear in their dress uniform: the black enlisted garrison hat badge is not looked at in this question.)

2. What is the cause, according to the Marine Corp legend, for this difference?

10 milbucks to the first person that has the full correct answer to both questions.

1 i think that the officers badge is lower placed than the enlisted mans one,and they are different material and colour,thats all i know
on the other one i dont know the answer :lol:

we are at the midpoint of the week..the suspense is mounting...and only marksman has tried to answer (he does not have a correct answer by the way) but he did have the guts to write me. He now knows the answer, and has been eliminated as a contestant. (Dont worry, he got some awesome bucks for his guts!)

seems like 10 measley bucks aint drawing them hard core trivia people out of the woodwork: The prize is now 100 milbucks for the correct answer to both questions. The standard fee for the first person to answer correctly from now on will be 100 milbucks, made by donation of course!

The answer for this question will be revealed next monday, and a new question will be posted.

Good luck!

Mark Conley said:
The prize is now 100 milbucks for the correct answer to both questions. The standard fee for the first person to answer correctly from now on will be 100 milbucks, made by donation of course!
Nice prize, but first, I don't know the answers (I'm not a diligent person who studies Marine Corp traditions), and second, you don’t have the cash.... :p ;)

just because it shows he doesn't have much bucks doesn't mean that he has a bank account. he could have tons stashed away in the milforum bank...

I think i got it now, does it show the Eastern Hemisphere and the enlisted shows the Western Hemisphere
Like the British Royal Marines does.

No both do show the western hemisphere. But you are very very warm.
look at both again.

that really nice silver and gold one captains have is pretty, but it doesnt play into this trivia question.

Okay...this one was obviously not solvable by the on-line experience...i will post the correct answer today at 2400 GMT.

A new question worth 100 mildollars will be posted as well.

Good luck gentlemen and gentlewomen!

:D

the anchor has a different rope on it compaired to the enlisted anchor
north/south america are in gold on a sliver back ground on the officers pin

Si6

okay heres the first part of the question...

1. Other than the colors used, and the fine attention to detail of the Officer Badge itself: What is the main difference between the Enlisted and Officers Hat Badge? ( This is the round, white hat that them Marine wear in their dress uniform

Answer: The main difference is the island of cuba. The enlisted hat badge shows the island of cuba: the officers hat badge does not.

2. what is the reason for this difference?

answer: legend has it that there has not been a marine officer killed on this island...yet. there fore, it isnt displayed on their badge...yet.

look at the badges carefully and you will see the differences.

next question will be posted monday, 31 May 2004 at 1200 GMT.

it wont be this hard. and it will be worth...100 milbucks! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back