Odd Military Trivia - Page 8

--
Boots

June 8th, 2004  
C/2nd Lt Robot

well i put three their. as you can see. Logic: The art of being wrong with confidence.
June 9th, 2004  
Mark Conley

Uncle Sam and nulli secundus
okay: both of you have questions 1-4 correct for the santa extra question. question 5 will decide it.

June 9th, 2004  
Uncle_Sam

Do I have to buy that book?
--
Boots
June 9th, 2004  
Uncle_Sam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Conley
Uncle Sam and nulli secundus
okay: both of you have questions 1-4 correct for the santa extra question. question 5 will decide it.

Is it CAO-BANG, NGUYEN-BINN? NAM-DINN, PHU-LY, NOA-DINH, PHU-TO?
Or is it Huguette 4?
Eliane 1?
June 10th, 2004  
C/2nd Lt Robot

is it either a city, town, or village in Spain?
June 11th, 2004  
Mark Conley

http://www.dienbienphu.org/english/index.htm

probly one of the best interactive sites dealing with the battle.
June 11th, 2004  
C/2nd Lt Robot

is it Anne-Marie, or Isabelle?
June 11th, 2004  
Mark Conley

we have a winner on the 25 milbuck question! nulli got it with the answer Isabelle

The title "Hell in a Very Small Place" actually refers to the battle fought for the small stong point Isabelle located abot 6 kilometers south from the main fortress. Less than a quarter mile square, the men assigned to this artillary fire base fought on after the may 7 surrender of the main fortress: they were the only group to have any of the original fighting force actually reach french lines during the breakout they made on 8 may. This strongpoint gave up resistance, after one final charge by the forign legionaire soldiers, on 8 may 1954.

Because the artillary base was under constant fire from the start of the battle, and there really was no place to hide in the quarter mile square..It was truly "Hell in a very small place"

June 11th, 2004  
C/2nd Lt Robot

well Mark looks like another one of your trivia questions have fallen because of me, so all i can say is bring on the next question.
June 11th, 2004  
Mark Conley

actually there is one question still unanswered...