Odd Military Trivia - Page 5

--
Boots

June 1st, 2004  
Mark Conley

1). USS Seawolf (SS-197) No. Seawolf was lost in action. No record exists of her recovery and re-use by the japanese.

I will release one hint at 1200 hours, CST , June 2, 2004, if no one has found the answers by then. The payment will then drop to 25 milbucks.

I did mention this was odd military trivia, didnt I?
June 1st, 2004  
C/2nd Lt Robot

Well if the Japs had used it, you wouldnt want anyone else to now about it. Now would you?
June 1st, 2004  
Mark Conley

good point. In which case, the Seawolf wouldnt be the answer, because I would have never found it.

However, this ship was found. It did exist. Try thinking outside the box on this one.

like I said: 1200 hours CST, a hint will go up, and the payment comes down.

--
Boots
June 1st, 2004  
C/2nd Lt Robot

the titanic? (even though it sunk in 1912, or is that to outside the box for this one?)
June 1st, 2004  
SHERMAN

USS Stewart(DD-224)?
June 1st, 2004  
SHERMAN

YES BUT WAS I RIGHT?!
June 1st, 2004  
Mark Conley

Yes. DD-224

You are not entirely correct. You need to post the other four answers sherman!

mark
June 1st, 2004  
Marksman

1-Uss Stewart(DD-224)
2-Patrol Boat #102 or PB-102
3-discovered in Kure/Hiroshima harbour
4-On 28 October 1945 she was taken over by a US Navy prize crew and on the following day she was officially recommissioned into the United States Navy as the USS DD-224, with no other name although she soon became nicknamed the “USS RAMP”, an acronym for “Recovered Allied Military Personnel”.

5-deep waters off San Francisco
June 1st, 2004  
Mark Conley

we have a winner..Marksman got them all right for 50 milbucks!

The next question will be posted on monday, 7 June 2004, at 1200 CST!

Till then
June 8th, 2004  
Mark Conley

My Apologies. This Trivia session is late, but please bear with me. Due to the lateness, the 50 Milbuck payoff will be stretched to Thursday, 10 June 2004.

For 50 Milbucks, Here is the question. It is in five parts. You must answer all five questions to claim the Milbucks.

Question Scenario. It is Sunday, in the Hawaiian Islands. Suddenly, the event happens. Six ships are sunk. Many more are damaged. Hundreds of people are killed, or wounded.

1. Where is the event? (I need the exact location).

2. When did it happen (The exact date, month and year)?

3. Who did it? (Who perpetrated this evil deed?)

4. What sank the ships?

5. Why did it happen? (Ultimate cause only)

Remember that this is odd wartime trivia. Good luck.