Odd Military Trivia

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that one Sir.

It was our own General Washington. It was the American Revolution. I don't know exactly when it happened, besides the fact it was during the Revolution, sometime between 1775-1783 I suppose (I hope thats specific enough). The reason? Some American troops revolted and after a tense standoff surrendered, and George Washington had them decimated. I think that's it, I don't know too much about it. I'll try to find more information but so far I haven't had any success. :?

Okayyyy....

Look at the Question: When was the last time (latest)this method was used for any type of military group? Give the war, the date range, and the reason.

:D

okay...i am really feeling very generous...ho ho ho!

heres another 25 Milbuck question.

Bernard Fall wrote his Book "Hell in a very Small Place" about a very famous battle.

1. Name the battle.

2. Name the country it was fought in.

3. Name the two opposing commanders.

4. What was the outcome of the battle?

5. This one you will not get off google: Where was the place that was described in the title as "Hell in a very small place"?

Yeee.. Mr. Santa Mark's the greatest :) :)

Let's see, hmmm:

1. The Battle of Dien Bien Phu (March 13-May 8, 1954)
2. Indo-China (Viet Nam)
3. there are Giap and Ho Chi Minh, Henri Navarre and Rene Cogny; we get to meet and know Colonel (later Brigadier General) Ferdinand Marie de la Croix de Castries
4. Vietnamese won independence from France after 85 years;
5. ?? :?: Dien Bien Phu
:m1:

1)The Siege of Dien Bien Phu
2)Indo China
3)Giap and Ho Chi Minh, Henri Navarre and Rene Cogny, Colonel Ferdinand Marie de la Croix de Castries
4) Vietnamese win their Independance
5) a valley at Dien Bien Phu? France? Vietnam?

Uncle Sam and nulli secundus
okay: both of you have questions 1-4 correct for the santa extra question. question 5 will decide it.

Mark Conley said:
Uncle Sam and nulli secundus
okay: both of you have questions 1-4 correct for the santa extra question. question 5 will decide it.

Is it CAO-BANG, NGUYEN-BINN? NAM-DINN, PHU-LY, NOA-DINH, PHU-TO?
Or is it Huguette 4?
Eliane 1?
:m1:

we have a winner on the 25 milbuck question! nulli got it with the answer Isabelle

The title "Hell in a Very Small Place" actually refers to the battle fought for the small stong point Isabelle located abot 6 kilometers south from the main fortress. Less than a quarter mile square, the men assigned to this artillary fire base fought on after the may 7 surrender of the main fortress: they were the only group to have any of the original fighting force actually reach french lines during the breakout they made on 8 may. This strongpoint gave up resistance, after one final charge by the forign legionaire soldiers, on 8 may 1954.

Because the artillary base was under constant fire from the start of the battle, and there really was no place to hide in the quarter mile square..It was truly "Hell in a very small place"

well Mark looks like another one of your trivia questions have fallen because of me, so all i can say is bring on the next question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back