ocs

chandler

If everything goes according to plan i will hopefully get accepted into OCS in June. I'll be graduating from college in May this year with an International Relations degree and I'm really excited. I never even asked how much the pay is! But how much is it? I know that you can increase your pay with special things like FLPP and other special skills but what is the base pay for a commissioned 2nd Lt.?

I actually get paid in peanuts, I forgot to read the fine print.
After taxes, you'll make a little over $2,000/month base pay.

I actually get paid in peanuts, I forgot to read the fine print.
Me and you both, Sir. That automatic 400K SGLI is kicking my ass, and the paperwork to reduce it is taking months (5 so far) to complete. We always get the shit end of the stick in the reserves, so I'm not all that suprised, just unhappy :box: It ain't about the money anyway.

Last edited:
JulesLee said:
well all I can answer is base pay..

http://www.airforce.com/careers/paychart/index.php

thats the AF base pay.. all branch pay is real similar and not much diff D:
Yeah, that chart is based on the pay charts for all uniformed service members. However, that's only base pay -- you also get a food allowance and a housing allowance (if you live off-base) that are both tax-free. Also, check with your local and state tax laws -- the Servicemembers' Civil Relief Act states that if/when you get called up to active duty, you do NOT have give up residency in your original home state, and some states forego you having to pay local and state income tax if you don't live in that state. (I'm one of those cases -- I'm a NY resident, but live and work in the DC area, so I only pay federal income tax, no local or state income tax.)

Back