Obliterating Islamic State (ISIS) - Page 7




 
--
Boots
 
November 10th, 2015  
JOC
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lljadw
If the use of a nuclear weapon against Japan was morally and militarily justified (it saved Allied lives,and,less important, Japanese lives) why would the use of a nuclear weapon against ISIS not be justified morally and militarily ? It would also save Allied lives,and,less important, Muslim lives .
I don't think it wise to view peoples lives as more or lesser important. This sounds like Nazi ideology.

Certainly the US wasn't as concerned about collateral damage in WW2 (again different situation altogether) and the fact that is that Imperil Japan murdered 10 million innocents. However it did end the war.

Again one cannot compare WW2 with the current ME situations. If an atomic bomb is used in the ME it will open up a can of worms. It will galvanize the radicals against the say US or whoever else that uses the A-bomb.
November 10th, 2015  
I3BrigPvSk
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lljadw
If the use of a nuclear weapon against Japan was morally and militarily justified (it saved Allied lives,and,less important, Japanese lives) why would the use of a nuclear weapon against ISIS not be justified morally and militarily ? It would also save Allied lives,and,less important, Muslim lives .
When you are asking that question.......the light is on, but nobody is home.
November 10th, 2015  
Tuan
 
 
So ISIS has infiltrated not only Egypt's police and military but also the staff at the Sharm airport?

Islamic State ‘Inside Man’ Might Have Planted Bomb on Russian Plane
--
Boots
November 11th, 2015  
MontyB
 
 
I am not sure why this would be a surpirse to anyone, I would suggest that ISIS have infiltrated a lot of places outside the middle east as well because oddly enough (and I suspect this will confuse Lljadw) not all of ISIS's supporters fit the mold of your average cartoon Islamic terrorist some of them are quite African and European looking as well.

I would also suggest that large numbers of them will not manage to achieve anything but it would be incredibly naive to believe some of them wont succeed, this is just the world we live in these days.
November 11th, 2015  
Capt Frogman
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lljadw
If the use of a nuclear weapon against Japan was morally and militarily justified (it saved Allied lives,and,less important, Japanese lives) why would the use of a nuclear weapon against ISIS not be justified morally and militarily ? It would also save Allied lives,and,less important, Muslim lives .
If it was that simple, it would already have happened.

A nuclear strike has wide spread collateral damage consequences. As ISIS is spread throughout a handful of countries, there will a great loss of civilian and innocent lives.
November 12th, 2015  
lljadw
 
ISIS has a HQ: destroy it .You will see the results .Why is the HQ not destroyed,why is ISIS handled with kid gloves (50 years ago,kid gloves were not used to deal with NV) ?

It is very simple : because the Liberal antiIsrael,antisemite gang is ruling in the US .

It is very possible to use a small nuclear weapon on the ISIS HQ with less collateral damage than most air attacks in WWII .
November 12th, 2015  
lljadw
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOC
I don't think it wise to view peoples lives as more or lesser important. This sounds like Nazi ideology.

Certainly the US wasn't as concerned about collateral damage in WW2 (again different situation altogether) and the fact that is that Imperil Japan murdered 10 million innocents. However it did end the war.

Again one cannot compare WW2 with the current ME situations. If an atomic bomb is used in the ME it will open up a can of worms. It will galvanize the radicals against the say US or whoever else that uses the A-bomb.
In WWII the lives of Japanese and German civilians were considered rightly as less important than the lives of allied civilians .

The use of TWO A Bombs against Japan did not galvanize the radical Japanese against the US,thus why should the use of ONE small A Bomb against the ISIS HQ galvanize the radical ISIS members (they all are radical) against the US ?
November 12th, 2015  
JOC
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lljadw
In WWII the lives of Japanese and German civilians were considered rightly as less important than the lives of allied civilians .

The use of TWO A Bombs against Japan did not galvanize the radical Japanese against the US,thus why should the use of ONE small A Bomb against the ISIS HQ galvanize the radical ISIS members (they all are radical) against the US ?
For one thing the radical Japanese were already galvanized against the US that is why they fought so hard. The A-bombs scared the Emperor into thinking if we continued to drop more A-bombs the damage would be unacceptable. Some radical Japanese tried to stop him from surrendering.

The Radicals in the ME would love an opportunity for a general Jihad against the US. The droping of an A-bomb would provide just such an opportunity. Much like the attack on Pearl Harbor galvanized the US against the Japanese in WW2, so the dropping of an atomic bomb would do to the present day Muslim world against the US. You forget many Muslim nations are allies or nonaligned they are not all terrorist regimes or organizations.

Also the US has extensive conventional bombing capability. If needed there is nothing we couldn’t wipeout without using convention weapons like bunker busters, etc. Why use an atomic weapon which would have such negative ramifications?
November 13th, 2015  
Tuan
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOC
For one thing the radical Japanese were already galvanized against the US that is why they fought so hard. The A-bombs scared the Emperor into thinking if we continued to drop more A-bombs the damage would be unacceptable. Some radical Japanese tried to stop him from surrendering.

The Radicals in the ME would love an opportunity for a general Jihad against the US. The droping of an A-bomb would provide just such an opportunity. Much like the attack on Pearl Harbor galvanized the US against the Japanese in WW2, so the dropping of an atomic bomb would do to the present day Muslim world against the US. You forget many Muslim nations are allies or nonaligned they are not all terrorist regimes or organizations.
JOC is right! There are 1.6 billion Muslims in the world right now, out of which the combined forces in total of Islamic State, al Qaeda, Taliban and Boko Haram makes up 0.003% of global Muslim population. Therefore the statement that Islam propagates terror thus it needs to be A-bombed is flawed because if Islam really bred terror, we’d all be dead now.
November 13th, 2015  
lljadw
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOC
For one thing the radical Japanese were already galvanized against the US that is why they fought so hard. The A-bombs scared the Emperor into thinking if we continued to drop more A-bombs the damage would be unacceptable. Some radical Japanese tried to stop him from surrendering.

The Radicals in the ME would love an opportunity for a general Jihad against the US. The droping of an A-bomb would provide just such an opportunity. Much like the attack on Pearl Harbor galvanized the US against the Japanese in WW2, so the dropping of an atomic bomb would do to the present day Muslim world against the US. You forget many Muslim nations are allies or nonaligned they are not all terrorist regimes or organizations.

Also the US has extensive conventional bombing capability. If needed there is nothing we couldn’t wipeout without using convention weapons like bunker busters, etc. Why use an atomic weapon which would have such negative ramifications?

There is nothing we couln't wipeout without using convention weapons as bunker busters ?

Oh yes? Why is ISIS than not wipedout? Why was the NVA not wipedout ?
 


Similar Topics
Syrian Kurds battle Islamic State in northeast
U.S. fears Islamic State is making serious inroads in Libya
Islamic State says it's holding 'Israeli spy' in Syria
Iranian Phantom jet strikes the Islamic State in Iraq - IHS Jane's 360
Islamic State says executes second Lebanese soldier