Obliterating Islamic State (ISIS)

This would be the same Israel that Hamas has ground to a halt twice in the last 5 years, I would suggest that any fear of Israel is more in the knowledge that if there are a bigger more brutal bunch of parasitic thugs out there than ISIS is it Israel.

This could be written by Julius Streicher .

75 years after the discovery of the camps, we are again in 1933 .

:evil::evil::shock:

Yeah I think Ghetto is the better word to describe the Gaza Strip, a walled-in urban area where communal punishment is meted out for any offence and what was the last count from Gaza 1500 dead woman and children (I will "assume" all the Palestinian men killed were militants and not count them) in reprisal for the murder of 3 Israelis in the West Bank?

Wait who are the nazi's in this story again?

Do you know whether the Germans practised a "Quiet for quiet" policy in Warsaw?

Now would you like to get back on topic or do you plan to derail this thread further?

The usual anti-Israel propaganda from the terrorist lobby .

Gaza was the HQ of a terrorist group who attacked Israel , and as thus a legitimate military target;if women and children were killed, it was legitimate and besides, it was their own fault :they had only to leave Gaza.

The attack on Gaza was as justified as the attacks on Dresden, Hamburg, Coventry, Hiroshima, Hanoii, etc ...

Yeah I think Ghetto is the better word to describe the Gaza Strip, a walled-in urban area where communal punishment is meted out for any offence and what was the last count from Gaza 1500 dead woman and children (I will "assume" all the Palestinian men killed were militants and not count them) in reprisal for the murder of 3 Israelis in the West Bank?

Wait who are the nazi's in this story again?

Do you know whether the Germans practised a "Quiet for quiet" policy in Warsaw?

Now would you like to get back on topic or do you plan to derail this thread further?

Oh Monty, you cannot critize Israel, you will be accused for being an antisemitic and being a Nazi. Even though, you and everybody else are entitled to critize Israel for what they are doing without being a Nazi or antisemitic (sarcasm)

I don't think ISIS fears Israel more than they fear anybody else. They have been pushed back in Syria and Iraq. A major battle waits to be unleashed in Mosul right now. I think ISIS will be defeated in Syria and Iraq, but they will not disappear. They will probably increase their presence in Libya, Somalia, Nigeria, and Mali. Maybe some parts of the former Soviet Union will see an increase of ISIS affiliates.

Btw, people cannot leave Gaza....they are trapped there, and who's fault is that.

Oh Monty, you cannot critize Israel, you will be accused for being an antisemitic and being a Nazi. Even though, you and everybody else are entitled to critize Israel for what they are doing without being a Nazi or antisemitic (sarcasm)

I don't think ISIS fears Israel more than they fear anybody else. They have been pushed back in Syria and Iraq. A major battle waits to be unleashed in Mosul right now. I think ISIS will be defeated in Syria and Iraq, but they will not disappear. They will probably increase their presence in Libya, Somalia, Nigeria, and Mali. Maybe some parts of the former Soviet Union will see an increase of ISIS affiliates.

Btw, people cannot leave Gaza....they are trapped there, and who's fault is that.

As Spike used to say the antisemitic term has been so overused it no longer carries any weight or fear, it has been hijacked by the Zionist movement to try and stifle criticism Israel and now is pretty much meaningless.

I really miss that guy's combative nature he was a lot of fun, hard to believe it has been 2 years.

As Spike used to say the antisemitic term has been so overused it no longer carries any weight or fear, it has been hijacked by the Zionist movement to try and stifle criticism Israel and now is pretty much meaningless.

I really miss that guy's combative nature he was a lot of fun, hard to believe it has been 2 years.

My only regret is, I never got to meet Spike face to face. However, he was in Singapore the same time I was, perhaps I ran into him in Bugis Street. The two years have flown by.

To be honest I don't see this war going anywhere, after 3 months trying to retake Mosul it appears the Iraqi forces now have control of less than 25% of the city, for all the military setbacks it has had over the past year in Iraq they are showing no sign of collapse.

As such it is starting to look more like a kid killing ants with a magnifying glass than an attempt to kill a spider, no matter how many you kill the nest still produces more.

My article on Modern Diplomacy Magazine.

The Sri Lankan Counterterrorism Model: Intelligence Innovation Outside the Anglosphere
http://moderndiplomacy.eu/index.php...innovation-outside-the-anglosphere&Itemid=154

While I agree intelligence plays a big role in the defeating ISIS, I tend to think we have analysed them to the point that we are now second guessing ourselves, essentially we are suffering paralysis by analysis.

My opinion is that the only reason ISIS still exist is that we are still playing games, the mishmash of poorly trained, low morale or under equipped fighters, we are sending to deal with ISIS simply are not capable of hitting them hard enough to break them down.

Worst of all we seem to want to fight two wars in Syria where ISIS is damn near considered an ally because we have decided Assad is the bad guy and supporting a ragtag bunch of militia who have no affiliation with anything or anyone.

While I agree intelligence plays a big role in the defeating ISIS, I tend to think we have analysed them to the point that we are now second guessing ourselves, essentially we are suffering paralysis by analysis.

My opinion is that the only reason ISIS still exist is that we are still playing games, the mishmash of poorly trained, low morale or under equipped fighters, we are sending to deal with ISIS simply are not capable of hitting them hard enough to break them down.

Worst of all we seem to want to fight two wars in Syria where ISIS is damn near considered an ally because we have decided Assad is the bad guy and supporting a ragtag bunch of militia who have no affiliation with anything or anyone.

I agree with you. It will take matter of weeks to obliterate ISIS if NATO wanted; however, the West including NATO uses ISIS as a catalyst to speed up the process of balancing their economic equilibrium, that is, they pursue "cost-benefit analysis" whereby NATO engages a systematic approach to estimating the strengths and weaknesses of alternatives. Cost-benefit analysis is used to determine options that provide the best approach to achieve benefits. In other words, the West is orchestrating a commercial warfare under the guise of counterterrorism, in my opinion.

Last edited:
It does appear that ISIS's existence is a commercial imperative for many, it justifies new laws, new restrictions and toys for the boys which then raises the question are we genuinely trying to obliterate ISIS or merely contain it as a show piece to suit our politicians own ideological aims.

Essentially the west needs a boogeyman, almost Orwellian.
:)

Essentially the west needs a boogeyman, almost Orwellian.
:)

On the bright side, it is a great contribution to America's soft power, I love this new song by Katy Perry - Chained To The Rhythm

You know America’s in a troubling spot when even Katy Perry is singing about the illusion of freedom.

That’s the subject of “Chained to the Rhythm,” the once-carefree pop star’s new single, which appeared online Thursday night amid a series of Perry tweets and retweets about revolution, George Orwell’s “1984” and the need to “question everything.”

“Are we crazy? / Living our lives through a lens,” she sings, “Trapped in our white picket fence / Like ornaments.” The song goes on to point out how comfortable we are “living in a bubble” where we “dance to the distortion.”

Then Perry — whose Twitter bio now reads “Artist. Activist. Conscious.” — really drops the hammer: Turns out that distortion is leading each of us to stumble around “like a wasted zombie.”

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gsGhdZDC-0"]Katy Perry - Chained To The Rhythm (Lyric Video) ft. Skip Marley - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
To be fair the west's "freedom" has always been an illusion or perhaps more accurately a delusion.

At its core, we push the concept of representative democracy yet to reach government you have to be wealthy, from a "professional" background (Lawyer, Doctor, Financial) and for the most part be driven by self-promotion, essentially most of our leaders are sociopathic narcissists.

So what percentage of the population do our representatives actually represent?

Once in power, they lie, scheme and pervert the rules for their own gain while ignoring the people that put them there.

As for the individual "man" in the street, well they get the book thrown at them for infringing the rules, screw up your taxes and pay for it for life, embezzle a few billion and get 6 months at a country club.

The reality is we don't have freedom, we are just free to conform to the rules and elect our dictators, what we mistake for freedom is the ability to live out our lives without fear as long as we don't make waves, something that I suspect even ISIS ruled regions have.

In a war that is very much about "hearts and mind's" it is probably a good thing to do all you can to avoid innocent civilian casualties, however, I am not 100% sure I believe civilians living in ISIS-held areas are all that innocent, I mean if the blind and crippled can make their way from Syria to Greece then surely those who want to get away from ISIS can do the same.

To be fair the west's "freedom" has always been an illusion or perhaps more accurately a delusion.

Pay close attention to the video and lyrics breakdown of Katy Perry’s new song Chained To The Rhythm, at the dawn of a new world order...

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDcI8TXud50"]Katy Perry - Chained To The Rhythm (ILLUMINATI EXPOSED) ft. Skip Marleyu - YouTube[/ame]

What has ISIS Accomplished?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't ISIS's goal to force the world to follow a uniform version of Islam? Because it seems that all they've done is cause Islam to be probably the most despised religion in the world at the moment. (Apologies to any Muslims reading this, I do not hate your religion in any way) I'm not saying that Islam is a bad religion, but it seems that if you are a muslim you'll immediately be treated with suspicion and even contempt by many people in the western world.

Good Job On That ISIS, you've done exactly what you intend not to do.

To avoid any misunderstandings on my last sentence, let me just clarify that I have zero respect for ISIS or any terrorist organisations for that matter. I also have complete respect for Muslims and the Islam Religion, even if I don't follow it myself.

:evil:
:stupid:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't ISIS's goal to force the world to follow a uniform version of Islam? Because it seems that all they've done is cause Islam to be probably the most despised religion in the world at the moment. (Apologies to any Muslims reading this, I do not hate your religion in any way) I'm not saying that Islam is a bad religion, but it seems that if you are a muslim you'll immediately be treated with suspicion and even contempt by many people in the western world.

Good Job On That ISIS, you've done exactly what you intend not to do.

To avoid any misunderstandings on my last sentence, let me just clarify that I have zero respect for ISIS or any terrorist organisations for that matter. I also have complete respect for Muslims and the Islam Religion, even if I don't follow it myself.

First of all, welcome aboard!

To respond to your query, simply put "Islamic State" is neither Islam nor a state. There are almost 1.7 billion Muslims in the world, thus if Islam promoted terrorism we'd all probably be dead by now. That said, we have to remember that Christianity underwent reformation 400 years ago, but Islam never did! Hence Islam needs reformation now!

aRVAgX2_700b.jpg

Last edited:
Here is my third article to ModernDiplomacy.EU

Unintended Intelligence Consequences: How Yesterday’s Proxy Insurgents turned into Today’s Terrorists

For instance, it is understood that Iran sponsored Hezbollah in Lebanon, and in response Pakistan supported al Qaeda and the Taliban in Afghanistan to destabilize regional powers politically, economically, and militarily. It is understood that the United States of America sponsored anti-Baathist groups in Iraq and Syria, while Russia, on the other hand, provided support to opposition groups in the wider Middle Eastern region. It is less understood that these situations worsened when state-sponsored insurgencies around the world became monsters against their own masters. To illustrate, during the Cold War, the world’s strongest democracy, the United States of America, armed, trained and funded Osama bin Laden, who led the Afghan-Mujahedin to fight against the Soviet Union. Eventually bin Laden turned against the United States and transformed into the enemy. A similar analogy appears when the world’s largest democracy, India, armed, trained and funded Veluppillai Pirabhakaran, who led the Tamil Tigers to fight against the Sri Lankan government. Eventually, Pirabhakaran made a “U-turn” and ordered his cadres to fight against the Indian troops. India lost over 1000 troops as a result. Moreover, this culminated in the assassination of the Indian Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi. All in all, insurgencies transform into terrorist organizations as a result of the support and sponsorship of their proxy masters.

Proxies are particularly concerning because interference is often motivated by a nation’s self-interest, absent a regard for future implications. For example, the Tamil Tigers were armed, trained, and funded by the Research and Analysis Wing (RAW), India’s foreign intelligence agency in the early 1980s. India’s proxy-rationale was governed by the hope that, in controlling the insurgency, they would be able to pressure the Sri Lankan government into making concessions for the Tamils and be able to pressure the Tamil militants into accepting the concessions (Richards, 2014:15). Later, the Tamil Tigers were trained by the Israeli secret service Mossad. Mossad’s nexus to the Tamil Tigers was further corroborated by ex-Mossad intelligence officer Victor Ostrovsky and his book, “By Way of Deception.” Richards, in her paper, “An Institutional History of the Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam (LTTE)”, provides a detailed account for the historical institutionalization of the Tamil Tigers as one of the most sophisticated groups ever assembled.

The present day Islamic State in Iraq and Levant (ISIL) is an offspring of al Qaeda; and al Qaeda is an offspring of the Afghan Mujahedin and Taliban. As noted earlier, the United States of America, as a proxy sponsor, created the Afghan Mujahedin to fight the Soviet Union in Afghanistan. Therefore, what happened on 9/11 and the subsequent wars on terror in Afghanistan and Iraq are interconnected and ultimately a devastating byproduct and extension of the post-Cold War proxy wars.

According to various defectors and seized al Qaeda documents, all terrorist organizations have learned their tactics and techniques from their masters. Waldman (2010), from Harvard University, explains that the relationship between nations’ security agencies and insurgents moves far beyond contact and co-existence. In fact, nations’ support and sponsorship sustains and strongly influences the movement. (Waldman 2010: 1)

The following is a more recent example of how nation-state support for insurgencies produces terrorist organizations. The International Center for the Study of Violent Extremism at George Mason University reported that the “Emni”, the intelligence apparatus of the present day Islamic State in Iraq and Levant (ISIL), learned its modus operandi and inner workings from the former Iraqi Security forces of Saddam Hussein. The report explains that “one of the many things that multiple defectors described were the many Iraqi Baathists leading the organization, even in Syria, who had brought with them the tradecraft and totalitarian intelligence operations they had practiced in Saddam Hussein’s government.” (2016: 3) This illustrates the degree of threat and danger involved in training insurgents.

Back