Obese Adults lead to obese children not the reverse.

perseus

But only if the child were the same sex as the obese parent. This suggests a cultural rather than genetic link.

A study of 226 families by Plymouth's Peninsula Medical School found obese mothers were 10 times more likely to have obese daughters.
For fathers and sons, there was a six-fold rise. But in both cases children of the opposite sex were not affected.

So perhaps the focus should be on adults not children?

It's not the culture, nor the children...It's definitely the parents...We as parents are an example and role-models to our children...the way eat, and lead our lives definitely mold our children into what they will become in the future...I eat healthy all week..therefore my children have learned to eat healthy...on weekends we splurge and eat whatever we feel like eating, but during the week its definitely a must on eating healthy...:-D

Sky's formula for eating is a winner!
I think if we deprive ourselvs too much of the "mmmm" foods that make us kinda tubby, it's too darn depressing but eating healthy the rest of the week is also nice (I really like the taste of fresh vegetables) and is good for you. A little bit of yummy bad food actually makes us not sick of the healthy stuff.

Back