Obama's Health Care Plan Outlaws Private Insurance

Those guy were Kleagles in the Klan? Bill Clintons "Mentor ranks right up there with Helms. Clinton-The vote on the Voting Rights Act made me become a Democrat! Actually the only reason it passed was the higher % of yes votes by Republicans. Corp Welfare, @ least there's a chance of getting some work out of them..

As OTG stated: you are forgetting the switch in Demographics that took place in the 1960s. Guys like Helms and Thruman might have changed parties from Dem to GOP, but their ideology didnt change.

You do know that most people on welfare actually have a job? Some actually have two or even three. People are on welfare because their jobs dont pay enough to live on because we have no 'living wage' in the USA (something else we can thank the rightwing for). Thats another key difference between the GOP and the Dems, Dems hate poverty, the GOP hate poor people.

As for Corporate parasites, oh they were certainly industrious. The wonderful state of the global economy right now is largely thanks to them. And of course the GOP in Washington decided to reward them for their hard work. Did you see Goldman Sachs latest figures last week? The Bush Administration was mighty good to them, $3.4 Billion in three months after the bailout. No CEO was left behind! The people that lost their jobs and homes because of companies like Goldman well, they got nothing.

Last edited:
Kinda hard to argue against Mmarsh on this one except that I don't think the Republican party necessarily hates poor people. Rather I think they tend to fall into these camps:
1) They have a different view on making society better, by taxing less and less and freeing up more money for businesses. They feel that this creates more jobs and therefore helps more people in the end.
2) They really don't care to give away their money for any reason.
3) They think that when the state gives money to the people, they get lazy.

Other than that, I think Mmarsh is pretty much right.

But getting back on track, a lot of us here who advocate a state based basic health care coverage system have actually lived in several different countries in their actual societies (being in a company or military compound doesn't necessarily count). We've seen that various systems that have the country help us CAN and DO work and we're simply telling folks here from what we've seen. It's funny that even though the countries we have lived in are different, the conclusions regarding quite a few matters are quite similar.
We get to compare a lot and see things from different angles.
We're not speculating half as much as folks who haven't had that sort of experience.

"Dems hate poverty, reps hate the poor." is just silly. Reps believe people should be able to achieve unlimited sucsess, w/o the Govt cr4ating a glass cieling composed of Taxes. The Dems believe in Class Warfare & Envy, trying to whip up the Torch & Pitchfork crowd to bring down the rich, so everybody will share in equal misery. "Living Wage" If you give(that's what it is) an unearned increase to a higher level of income, it just creates inflation that cancells the benefit. Of course the vote buying politicians will still say "Vote for me, I "gave" you a raise & I'll do it again" while the cost of living gets jack up to the next level.

"Dems hate poverty, reps hate the poor." is just silly. Reps believe people should be able to achieve unlimited sucsess, w/o the Govt cr4ating a glass cieling composed of Taxes. The Dems believe in Class Warfare & Envy, trying to whip up the Torch & Pitchfork crowd to bring down the rich, so everybody will share in equal misery. "Living Wage" If you give(that's what it is) an unearned increase to a higher level of income, it just creates inflation that cancells the benefit. Of course the vote buying politicians will still say "Vote for me, I "gave" you a raise & I'll do it again" while the cost of living gets jack up to the next level.
This may be in part the case, but this is an oversimplification of the issue. One issue that I believe many people overlook is that Democratic politicians are rich. Why would they wage class warfare against themselves? The Republican Party believes that whatever is good for business is good for America; a nice theory, unfortunately they only listen to a couple of big corporations who give them money in a "you scratch my back I'll scratch yours" type deal. So they choose to ignore the cries for help while they sit back and enjoy their lives, creating their own reality that supports their doctrine while warping tragedies to support their own crazed agenda.

Basically what you're saying is that your sweeping generalizations are better than my sweeping generalizations.

I'd love to continue this conversation, but I'm due back on Earth.

The counter argument would be that the rich Democrat politicians use their appeal to the poor to get their support and power while the rich Republicans use their appeal to the businessmen to get their support and power.
Each has its valid points and flaws in this case.

Back